Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Antisemitism in the US

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Oct 30, 2023.

1. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    That is probably true in some cases. I just read the police report. The guys here allegedly painted what is clearly very specific White Nationalist rhetoric. They allegedly painted slurs against Jewish people while calling for them to be killed. They painted crosshairs and the numbers 14 88 - numbers that aren't walking-around knowledge for most people. They painted "RWB" for Revolutionary White Brotherhood - a group they claimed to be members of at least according to the police report. They allegedly targeted a Muslim center as well. This was charged as a hate crime based on the evidence.

2. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    That is definitely troubling, though if I know what those things mean, its certainly possible for a teenage kid to know too. Social media and the internet definitely make it easier to up your game in being transgressive that you can learn about all these things fairly easily if you go down the right rabbit holes. Its hard to determine what entails an ideological commitment. My intent is not to excuse these things but I do wonder what the best way to combat these things that arise probably not from deep-seeded hate but those antisocial tendencies I mentioned. This is just another outlet, these kids probably could have picked up manosphere bullshit just as easily, though I wouldn't be surprised if they were into that too. I'm not sure throwing the book at them is the answer, but I dont think sensitivity training or education is either, I think in both cases they would be viewed as some kind of punishment and might not have the intended effect. Not sure what the answer is to be honest. I tend to think some kind of restitution and structured interaction with the people harmed might be the best way.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I honestly had no idea there was much out there at all until the "Jews will not replace us" chants in Charlottesville. I guess I wasn't reading the right social media.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I'd be interested to know what that 676M sum supposedly from the fed consists of. Where did you get the idea about "billions in federal cash?"

An overview of the '22 budget sources shows a similar number (638mil according to my calculations) and suggests that the $ is in the form of research grants, which are earned (i.e. not handouts). There is, of course, a ROI from those research initiatives, but I doubt certain members of the audience are open to such consideration.

5. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    The kids obviously got their angst from the Harvard President, who is a plagiarizing, anti-semitic devil worshipper. Jewish space lasers got nothing on the Harvard escape goat.

6. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You read the article, right?

7. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Posted like you've not comprehended what you read, or maybe never read and contrasted the differences between the two Testaments.

Yes there have been murderous atrocities and hate filled offenses commited by so called Christians, but those terrible acts would have appalled Jesus. They are / were not what Jesus taught and there is NO legitimate justification whatsoever to be found in Christianity for those who are filled with hate and perpetrate horrific acts against others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I will agree, for the most part you can’t go wrong following the spirit of the teachings of Jesus in the New Testament, which Sadly so many Christians don’t.

Channeling my inner atheist one has to rationalize the radical differences of the old and New Testament. If the book is indeed Devinely inspired it boggles the mind how a God that has existed in all eternity had such a change of heart and attitude in the course of a mere couple of thousand earth years.

A more palatable interpretation is the Bible is man’s interpretation of God’s will, and as such is imperfect but that opens up the can of worms that you can’t tell what is true and what isn’t from the Bible.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Christians pick and choose which parts of the Old Testament they want to keep and which they choose discard. Nevertheless there are parts of the Bible where Yahweh clearly calls for the killing of infidels.

Please show me specifically where Jesus explained that worshiping other Gods is ok.

10. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    You are asking for something that is not in the Gospels. In Matthew 22:36-40 when Jesus is asked what is the greatest commandment, he is recorded saying:
    36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
    37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
    38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
    40 All the law and the prophets hang on these two commandments.

Love, not hate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  11. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. gatormonk

Apr 3, 2007
    Obama privately lobbied on Harvard President Claudine Gay’s behalf amid antisemitism controversy: Report

A confidential source familiar with the matter told Jewish Insider on Tuesday that Obama, a Harvard graduate, had privately lobbied on Gay's behalf following her congressional appearance about antisemitism and threats against Jewish students on the Ivy League campus.

"It sounded like people were being asked to close ranks to keep the broader administration stable—including its composition," the source said of Obama's involvement.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    shocking :ninja:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Good riddance. I find it ironic that someone from the Right thinks that they understand what critical thinking skills are, when by definition they lack them

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. gatormonke

gatormonke Freshman

Apr 26, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Noted far leftist Eugene Volokh, endorsed by Orin Kerr, point out the sheer narcissistic and oppressive stupidity behind the MIT Professor’s piece, which no respectable publication should have given breathing room

19. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011

Great read. I also found that resignation article to be completely ridiculous.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    I've wondered what kind of person throws those antisemitic leaflets in ziplock bags with rice or corn inside. We've had them show up in town. Welp...

Couple accused of antisemitic crimes in metro Atlanta arrested on drug charges

This guy SUCKS.

https://canarymission.org/individual/Philip_Jacobs