Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Antisemitism in the US

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by OklahomaGator, Oct 30, 2023.

1. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I’m not ok with anyone celebrating what Hamas did. That doesn’t change the FACT that protests did not begin in the west (this thread is about anti-semitism in the US) until after Israel started bombing. You were wrong. Deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    At some point I think no one could be this ignorant to deny that people were celebrating what Hamas did. I was wrong in assuming you weren't one of the ignorant ones. Won't make that mistake again.

Chanting ‘700,’ pro-Palestinian activists in New York fete Hamas attack

Pro-Palestinian demonstrators on Sunday in New York celebrated Hamas’s massive deadly terror attack against Israel, as supporters of the Jewish state held rallies to mourn and express outrage over the slaughter.

Several hundred pro-Palestinian demonstrators rallied in Times Square, waving Palestinian flags and chanting “Resistance is justified,” “Globalize the intifada,” and “Smash the settler Zionist state.”

“From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free,” they chanted.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Good god it is amazing how you seemingly cannot comprehend. I said:

"I think people are protesting Israel's response to that significant event. Hamas claims 6,747 Palestinians killed so far (that number is no doubt exaggerated but clearly a lot civilian deaths). I'm sure some are celebrating the terror attacks. But I'd be careful about painting with too broad a brush as I'm sure many are not."

You responded: "Why would some be protesting Israel before they even were bombing Gaza? Come on. Just call it what it is. Celebrating the killing of innocent Jewish lives." And you proceeded to post a link to a protest that happened after Israel started bombing.

I call you out for being wrong (because you are) and you suggest I am defending Hamas "LOL. So that's your take? Some people will defend anything I guess."

Protests did not begin in the US (again, the subject of this thread) until after Israel started bombing and you have not provided any link that suggests otherwise.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I just did. Sorry you didn't like it. No one in the article I just posted say they were protesting Israel responding. It's ok, you are showing you support the people cheering on Hamas. I see it, so does everyone else on here. They article literally says they were chanting: “Resistance is justified,” “Globalize the intifada,” and “Smash the settler Zionist state.”

But hey, you keep thinking it's all in response to Israel's response. The rational people will see it for what it is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  5. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    This is not rocket science as much as we try to make it so.

1. What happened in Israel was an unacceptable act of terror perpetrated by terrorist organization. Period. Full stop. No whitewashing.

2. What's happening to the Palestinian people as a result of the Israeli response to Hamas' terror is heartbreaking, but it was Hamas who declared war on October 7 and in war there is alway collateral damage. See Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Does anyone complaining about Israel's response really think if Canada attacked us and killed, raped, beheaded or desecrated almost 60,000 Americans (the proportionate % of Israeli's killed on 10/7) that we wouldn't strike back, and there wouldn't be civilian casualties.

3. Hamas must be finally destroyed. Period. Full stop. They've been allowed to fester long enough. The surviving Palestinian people will be better for it in the long run, because for whatever reason they are unable to do it themselves. How many billions of dollars more in humanitarian aid will be stolen from them by Hamas and put toward arms for terrorists while the civilians suffer and live in squalor.

4. The attempts at equivalency worldwide and centered here largely around American universities are despicable, and if anyone approached me and chanted "from the river to the sea" or something similar it would be all I can do to not exercise my second amendment rights on them and claim self-defense because they are advocating extermination. Having lost family in the Holocaust I've seen this movie before and I will not tolerate it.

I'm sure there are those here who disagree with my takes, and that's fine, its a board for opinions. But as a Jew who has been critical of numerous things that Israel has done over the years, and dismayed by Bebe's soulless right turn for power retention (he must go), what happened on 10/7 is on another level and I am enraged by it. It was Israel's 9/11 and large parts of the world-particularly in parts of western Europe and South America-fault them for responding. Completely baffling.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2023
    • Winner x 10
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  7. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So this is you saying you were wrong without admitting it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    the horse is dead.

9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    LMAO! @ the idiotic notion that *protests* on Oct 8 were *protesting* Israel bombing, rather than CELEBRATING the orchestrated massive terrorist attack agsinst the Jews the day before--Oct 7 (Note I said JEWS not Israelis, bc they literally attacked an international smorgasbord of Jews in Israel, not Israeli soldiers).

Waving flags, chanting, calling for 'day of rage!', calling TERRORISTS 'martyrs'...

Just stop. They. Were. CELEBRATING.

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    According to this link, it says Israel starting bombing on Oct. 9th, which was Monday. The article he linked showed protests in NYC on Sunday Oct. 8th.

Israel-Hamas conflict: Timeline and key developments

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
  13. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Everyone in the US woke up to news of these awful terrorist attacks Saturday morning. Where were all the "celebrations" Saturday night in the US? Seems weird they would wait a day to pop the champagne. It's almost like there is more to it than that.

14. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Uzis are crap. Don't know why anyone would own one these days. The H&K submachine guns made them obsolete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Why are you even bothering? Its always the same with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I remember a while back some gun instructor got domed by a little girl he was letting shoot an Uzi at a range, we had a thread on it. They seem pretty hard to handle in a way that would be useful.

17. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    I put him back on ignore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I already posted the proof. AND I posted what they were chanting. At no point were the crowds chanting about Israel bombing Gaza. Give it up skippy. You look super foolish, but I guess you are used to that. Anti-Semites are out in force!

19. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Good idea

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. GatorBen

GatorBen Premium Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Pure novelty. I’m theoretically in the market for one if I ever see a reasonable price, but only for the neatness factor of having a lot of the different “classic” SMG style guns.