Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another example of bad policing - I think we are up to ∞

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Sep 9, 2024.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    This isn't partisan this is just another example of authorities thinking they don't have to follow the laws. Power corrupts. You'd think with video everywhere we'd get better decisions. Cop enters house without a warrant, wont leave, cop assaults the mother for no reason. Crazy. Charges have been pending for a month.. ON HER no less.

Riverside Sheriff investigating incident depicted in viral video (desertsun.com)

The video then shows the deputy arguing with a woman, identified by the Sheriff's Office as Adele Shirey, 44, who tells the deputy if he does not have a warrant, she will speak to him outside.

The deputy, who stands just inside the door's threshold, tells Shirey he will not leave the house. He asserts his right to be inside by pointing off-screen and saying, "They opened the door and ran from me. Now that I'm inside your house, I own your house right now," the deputy says in the video.

After Shirey points at the deputy, he grabs her and pulls her onto the front porch before putting her in handcuffs. The Sheriff's Department says she was ultimately booked into the Cois Byrd Detention Center for resisting arrest and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

It appears from the video that Shirey did not touch the deputy throughout the confrontation, and that the deputy initiated contact. The Sheriff's Office declined to answer questions about the deputy's conduct, as depicted in the video.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I think we need to see what led up to all of this to know if he was allowed into the house, but I certainly think the contact was excessive force. With zero instigation physically.

3. tilly

I thought this was going to be a thread about Tyreek Hill being thrown to the asphalt and cuffed for a traffic violation yesterday

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I was thinking the same.

Funny thing is THAT officer was suspended very quickly, before sunset the very same day. Guess it’s very different when a cop dares touch a high priced athlete.

Hill’s incident was supposedly a “traffic violation”, but reckless driving might warrant an arrest. If he was doing 100 in a 30 as I’ve seen rumored, then I not only think he deserved to be arrested he actually should have missed the game. Everyone seems to focus on it being a “traffic violation” or assume it’s another case of pulled over while driving black, but the reckless driving (which is a CRIMINAL charge, not merely a moving violation) makes it not quite as obvious.

5. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Tyreek Hill is a POS and doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. I'd bet my life he was being an asshole and deserved whatever he got.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tilly

Yeah. That's what i heard as well.
    Hard to fathom those speeds where he was though and no reports of a chase. He was literally pulled at the players gate of Hard Rock Stadium.

Selfishly, I'm glad he played. #FinsUp ;)

7. tilly

Reports said it was a verbal argument. But thrown to the asphalt and cuffed?

I agree he can be an A-hole, but that isnt asphalt and cuff worthy.

Miami-Dade already suspended (technically administrative dutied) the officer.
    One video seem to show an officer give a little head shot after he is seared on the sidewalk.

My guess is both were wrong, (aside from the speeding) but in the altercation portion only one crossed legal lines.

8. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    New body cam.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    Both Tyreek and that one funny sounding yelling cop were total douches. That goofy cop doesn’t have control of himself and needs to either be dismissed or be a desk jockey.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Cop on a major ego trip. Way out of control, probably wishing that was his car.

Kind of funny tho to hear first thing out of Hill is to call Drew, his agent/fixer.
    I saw Hills post game presser and he was rather conciliatory. Said he supported the police.:) Had a good game btw.

11. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    With all due respect, F those cops, each and every one of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. tilly

Ok. He didnt do anything to deserve any of that. And Campbell and Smith were more than far enough away for the cops to calmly ask him to move their car.

Rosenhaus is alleged to have already been on the phone with Hill when he got pulled over btw. He was talking to him on the ground into his phone. He then asked Campbell and Smith to call him back.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. tilly

I think he said he wants to be a cop someday lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Typical power-tripping activities from the usuals. Then the scumbags put Tyreek's teammate, gentle giant Calais Campbell, in cuffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    I saw that one a dew days ago on Lacklusters channel.

Here's a similar video, the first one that pops into my head. Cop puts one foot in the threshold preventing the homeowners from closing the door and refuses to move it. He then arrests someone for touching his foot with the door after he had requested the officers leave over and over if they didn't have a warrant.

Here's Polk County (Grady Judd's people)

I quit updating the police thread because there are just so many videos of out control cops that it would permanently on page 1. And believe me, there have been some wild ones. I did think about making an individual thread about the "MAGA Sheriff" and his buddy the qanon former Seal out of Millersville because it had a little bit of everything with conspiracies turned up to the max. I still may, but not this week.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I stand corrected. Tyreek is still a massive POS but so was that cop

17. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Motorcycle pigs are the worst variety.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    Handcuffing folks would cut down n those motor guys production. Shocked. ;)
    Clearly the Miami PD guys were way over their skis and earned what is coming their way. Seriously lacking communication skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. channingcrowderhungry

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Semi related but Jacksonville has been switching all of their police cars from the standard white to these dark gray and black cruisers. I think it sends a terrible message as to what their purpose is to serve and protect as they drive around in these punisher looking cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ValdostaGatorFan

ValdostaGatorFan GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    TitleTown, USA
    Are they the ghost cars that you can only see the lettering at certain angles?

If so, Georgia cops are doing that a lot and a co-worker and I have discussed the legality of it because I'm pretty sure the code calls for clearly contrasting colors to make it very apparent that it's a police car. Now, it's more like camouflaged road pirates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2