Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another commit! **** DL Amaris Williams

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by twodaparty, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    All fans bitch. My Brother is a Alabama fan and is constantly bitching about what Saban does. They are in the playoffs and have no trouble recruiting.

This is NOT the reason that we are struggling to stay competitive. I would be much more concerned if nobody came to Swampgas to bitch because that would mean the fans have most likely given up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. supduc

supduc Junior

Nov 30, 2016
    I think not winning games, and having players leaving and *telling the press* that their reasons for transferring are lack of development, lack of confidence in their coaches to develop them, and poor strength and conditioning do way more towards a recruit's perception than a fan complaining on a message board.

Theres nothing wrong with fans being unhappy with poor performance when we know what the program should look like when it's being ran well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Nah. I agreed with the sentiment, but I don't think fans are to blame for a recruit saying one school has more stability. Freeze just finished his first year. Napier his second.

Grimsley alluded to the same thing about stability. I think it's safe to say that if Napier has another losing season he isn't going to be around much longer. That's called instability.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Yup and everyone knows they don’t need a reminder ever other post

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    Fair enough

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    The issue is, yall act like there aren’t fans that aren’t positive out there. There’s waaaay more supportive fans than negative fans on social media. It really is, but people just tend to forget about that.

if a recruit is swayed because fans are unhappy with the product on the field, maybe that recruit should be looking elsewhere.

the root issue is that all the reasons the “sunshine pumpers” were using as support of CBN, aren’t working out especially on game day. CBN did say this is going to be a total rebuild, but he also said things like how we’d be disciplined and structured etc but on game-day, those things aren’t being seen and that becomes frustrating when they continue to happen. He preached accountability but we don’t see a lot of that happening if we go by the play on the field. It’s frustrating

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Sadly true, the mouth says one thing, actions don't jive with the words spoken. The worst thing is that he is getting pissy with the press when they question these obvious inconsistencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    90% of fans can't name our DC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    yea and the thing is, even a big majority of the “negative nancies” don’t want to see him fail. Just because they don’t think he is the right man for the job, doesn’t mean they want him to fail. I mean at least some don’t lol.

Do i HONESTLY think that Napier will lead UF to a title by say…2028? From what the first two seasons have shown? I don’t, but i’m also willing to see it out no matter how I DO come off at times. It’s not even about acquiring talent in the portal or what kids in HS recruiting he closes with; I just want to see the staff reshuffled etc. If he goes into next year still being the OC & QB coach and we don’t get a dedicated legit ST coach, I kinda would take that as he’s playing in our faces at that point. We will see how this staff looks when we kick off next season and go from there cause I don’t see any staff reshuffling happening in the next week. Probably until after NSD

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. gatorzilla91

gatorzilla91 All American

Nov 21, 2014
    Blaming the fans again?

The fans didn't fire a coach who was an elite recruiter and took us to a BCS bowl and a few yards away from a National Championship appearance.

The fans didn't fire a coach midway through his 3rd season after just winning the SEC East and getting to Atlanta in back to back seasons and had a top ranked recruiting class coming in and who should've had us in the playoffs his first year had we not lost our starting QB.

The fans didn't fire a coach who went to 3 straight NY6 bowls and had a heisman finalist QB and a playoff caliber team.

The administration started this mess with the revolving door of firing coaches who were winning a lot more than the current regime.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    So if fans would just stop posting on message boards other programs wouldn't be able to negative recruit against us?

I think you're over-stating the impact.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I’ve seen people reference these comments multiple times without sourcing those comments. Are you just repeating what you read here? Genuinely curious.

13. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    It’s just another tool to recruit against UF

14. DeBigLeezard

DeBigLeezard GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2010
    "At this point your constant bitching is doing more harm than good."
    Regarding your whole post above...
    I could not have said it better.
    Thank you.
    It is simply amazing to me to think:
    1. Doesn't our fan base realize to the smallest degree that our bitching is EXACTLY what our rivals want to see?
    2. And those who are doing the bitching... are they:
    a. Real fans who: simply don't know any better? I mean, how stupid is that?
    b. Rival fans pretending to be loyal Gator Fans...but are here spewing negativity everywhere?
    Our rivals are having a field day showing these posts to those we are recruiting!
    We are trying to re-build the ship here.
    Put down the pick axes and stop making holes in our own hull!
    Billy is NOT going anywhere.
    As a former player, I am just as frustrated as all of you, but I feel like I am surrounded by a herd of Eyores.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  15. supduc

supduc Junior

Nov 30, 2016
    This is coming from beat writers on other sites who have said they spoke to departing players directly and those are the reasons given.

16. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    So, no real confirmations or names. You do realize that a lot of stuff is click bait or a player looking for someone to blame for whatever. It then gets repeated ad nauseum until it becomes the gospel truth.

Regardless, enjoy wallowing in misery.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Both can be true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    If posts on a message board dictate where players go, LSU would be at the bottom of the rankings. Y'all are really overstating it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  19. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    I think we need to have a serious conversation about our AD and his poor judgement when it comes to selecting fans. I mean how can we allow him to continue to just sell tickets to anyone, unacceptable and killing the program. Perhaps there should be a Gatorzens test, like when immigrants become US citizens in order to purchase tickets, post on message boards, use twitter, etc.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. gatorbate91

gatorbate91 GC Legend

Dec 15, 2014
    Forthen Ateen?