Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Another commit! **** DL Amaris Williams

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by twodaparty, Jun 17, 2023.

1. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    How so?

You think Auburn had less stability than UF right now?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Sloppy seconds are in order?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Which fanbase is more of a bitch. Are we having a contest?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Just keep bitching constantly, it’s great for the program. There’s a reason we have the reputation that we do.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Cosigned by Gatorzilla

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Who has stability right now? If you have a great season and win games you'll lose coaches to promotion opportunities on other teams, if you have a bad season and don't win games you'll lose coaches by firing them to create opportunities for coaches to come from other teams to UF. And I'm not really sure there is anything in between. Gone are the days of the Bud Foster's who stay loyal to the school and coach they worked for for decades. now everybody looking for the next the best thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Shhhhh, you can't say his name 3 times or he will appear.

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    You tell 'em, I for one am tired of all the bad fans ruining the program for us good fans. If everyone was just positive and aligned their chakras correctly UF would be able to sign any recruit they wanted. Now if you will excuse me, I got to buy some good luck crystals and check Amaris' horoscope, fingers crossed.

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    If you’re really good and have one free transfer….why not go where your heart tells you first? Then if it doesn’t work out, transfer for business reasons. I don’t get it. I’m 100% going to UF in these kids shoes, if it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work….fine…but they can transfer whenever

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    Yeah, I'm struggling to understand the connection as well. Apparently she believes that pissing and moaning on Twitter or message boards gets coaches fired.

You know what does get coaches fired? Meddling boosters. Auburn doesn't have a problem with those at all.../sarcasm

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  11. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Do you think a recruit came up with that on his own? We’re making it easy for other programs to negatively recruit against us. It is what it is, I guess.

People knew this was an uphill climb and then bitch when that becomes painfully obvious. Let’s just keep going through the three year cycle of hiring/firing coaches. It’s worked great so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    It's a long way back to the top from the rock bottom defenses we've had for a few years. Offenses have been up and down over the years but we always could rely on defenses that gave us winning seasons and bowl games.

13. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Lemme see if I can get the timeline right: Coaching staff looks inept and clueless on the sidelines, Gators lose, Fans bitch. I wonder which one came first the chicken or the egg.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Lemme see if you can actually understand what I’m saying. I’m always hopeful.

Do you think that the CONSTANT bitching is doing any good except giving other programs ammunition at this point? It’s the same show that we’ve been watching since 2010. Were we inept at times? Absolutely. Does that need to be fixed? Absolutely.

One thing to remember, while we finished 5-7, we were a handful of plays (maybe two handsful) from being 8-4.

Again, we have the reputation that we deserve.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. supduc

supduc Junior

Nov 30, 2016
    Fans will be patient with a rebuild if they see progress.

The problem is patience goes out the window when fans see regression.

Billy seems to be a year behind schedule when comparing rebuilds and roster flips because he waited a year to purge the roster and we didn't see the year 2 improvement jump you typically see during a roster flips and rebuild.

But the issue is seeing no real progress across two years in terms of overall player development, special teams play, defensive play, play calling, clock management, and an apparent regression when it comes to strength and conditioning / nutrition, means that for year 3 this staff better show us something good.

Texas had a slow rebuild under Sark, but they recruited well and went 5-7, 8-4, and now 12-1.

This team needs to put it together this season and win the games they should, and one or two they probably shouldn't.

I don't expect 12-1 this season, but there's no reason a slow rebuild should take over three seasons to show IMPROVEMENT. None.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Sorry Swamp....Gator fans aren't special fans. All fans bitch when when their teams and staff look inept. Perhaps read the next edition of the misery index to see what is going on with other fanbases. This whole "only UF doesn't succeed due to fan bitchiness" is nothing more than a fabricated narrative.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    HOWEVER, every fan, ulumni, staff, coach and player knows BN is NOT getting fired anytime soon do you think the fan base constantly bitching is going to change that and then you can say YIPEE he’s fired Lagway leaves and takes the rest of the class with him we go on ANOTHER coaching search and will be mediocre for at least 2 more years that the new staff may or may not do better? At this point your constant bitching is doing more harm than good. We all get it Billy has to do better we must win more games but bitching will solve zero issues with the team staff and coach so if you don’t like BN sorry for you he’s not getting fired because you suggested it . It’s just redundant now but you may not want to believe it but wether Billy stays or goes it’s just hurting us at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. MarineG8R

MarineG8R GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2014
    I get what you are saying but the fans aren’t making it easier to negative recruit, Napier is. Back to back losing seasons is easy to negative recruit. Losing one of your top playmakers to the portal is easy to negative recruit, having recruits start to back off is easy to negative recruit, firing two position coaches after year 2 is easy to negative recruit. All of those things point to a lack of stability. It’s not the fans fault any of that happened.

But yes, it doesn’t help.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. gatordadx2

gatordadx2 Premium Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Your just piling on at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL