Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

An OC starting his very first game as a coordinator...and they get almost 500 yards on offense? Why?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by uf1998, Nov 4, 2023.

1. audiogatorjim

audiogatorjim GC Hall of Fame

Mar 15, 2009
    All true. To his credit, BN admitted they got lucky with this in his mini presser.
    Had they let the clock run down, some fans would be walking the ledges.
    Almost all coaches will save a TO exactly for this scenario. Not us apparently.

2. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    Kirby would never have gotten his ‘machine’ in place here to protect his players and program from scrutiny. Without that they don’t achieve the level of success he has had.

No way no how UF allows for intervention at the 3 PDs involved around campus like he has with his fixer in Athens. He also doesnt get to lobby the state legislature for a blanket extension to FOIA wrt Uga athletics like he did (basically shielding release of information for the season based on extended timelines).

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. audiogatorjim

Mar 15, 2009
    To sum up my beliefs, most Gator fans can tolerate the time to “sign” better players and let our youngsters mature - we get that. What is disconcerting is we are getting out-coached badly in a lot of games; things are amuck with the team and particularly coaching. Despite our youth and inexperience, our coaches have not shown a feel for in game coaching, changes, and game situational awareness. Could it be Spurrier, Meyer, and even Mullen were just better at this during their tenures?
    I was surprised they ran that stupid fake jet sweep late in the game - you know, the one they called incessantly at the beginning of the season and it NEVER worked; to me, that call was very high schoolish or Sunbeltish and I thought it had been schitt canned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Then we would have an offense and still a bad defense. Maybe our ceiling would rise a couple more wins. Both sides of Los are below average with not much depth.

5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Kinda like Kirby’s fake against Bama? Everyone thought he was an idiot at the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. audiogatorjim

Mar 15, 2009
    I dunno; the best fake punt I recall is when Urban called it against Arky in the SEC championship game. It was 100% unexpected so deep in our side of the field. I think it was Jamal Cornelius who ran it around the left end. By the way, our daughter had a class with Jamal (sp) and said he was a very nice young man.

• Like Like x 1
  7. audiogatorjim

Mar 15, 2009
    Jemelle

8. g8trdoc

g8trdoc Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    15 to 22 is almost an automatic incomplete

9. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    Actually, I was shocked when he was fired so quickly! But, it needed to happen, because his head was not in the game. He lost control of himself as well as the team. Enough said. He's gone!

10. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    He was waiting for the Ga job to come open. He would have never come here.

• Agree Agree x 1