Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

An Early Opening Line -- scUM vs Florida

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ThePlayer, May 29, 2024.

1. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

I’m pretty sure that hate is instilled in the players too. I had a teacher in my high school who was on the Miami team we flopped on. That guy really hated UF

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. altalias

altalias GC Hall of Fame

Aug 13, 2008
    I had a friend who graduated from UM. He said if UF was playing Satan and his demons he would be in the stands wearing red waving a pitchfork.
    If anyone is too young or doesn't remember the Swindle At The Swamp we watched it together at a house party. He looked at me during the game and said, "@#$% I'm beginning to feel sorry for the gators".

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Yep, the Big Ten and SEC are head shoulders by far the best conferences with the new additions. They were the stronger conferences before but now it’s not even

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The only person to actually go to Florida in my family is my little brother, Yet I have been a fan for 45 or 50 years and almost all of my family are Gator fans. To me, the biggest difference is when you ate at a game, those 90,000 fans have a ton of alumni. If you look at the average Miami fan, it’s fairly obvious they didn’t go to school anywhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    You’re absolutely correct. Fortunately there are only about 15K of them at any given game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    I hate Miami too much to think logically on this one. But, on that note...

Our improved line, 2 nd year QB, our defense, our defensive backs, and an upgraded linebacker room. I don't care of they bring in Mahomes, not in our house. The fans will scream so loud it will scramble their players brains. We win a close one, develop our mojo and move on...:eek::p

Go Gators.:cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. gulfgator

gulfgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Gulf of Mexico
    7 point home field advantage? Nah, more like 3 pts

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Endless Excuses

Endless Excuses GC Hall of Fame

Jan 13, 2010
    Swampville
    The last time we played UM in Orlando went off as slight favorites...I bet a boat load on it thinking we would blow them out and we did for a quarter. Then Filipe Feliped and I had to sweat out a sure fire easy win with end of game officiating. In the end like 300 straight series extended for first down by the refs and some of the most one sided crap to bring the game back to what Vegas wanted and I had to wonder how I lost a bunch of money when the UF defense sacked the UM QB more in one game than Troy Smith got sacked. That last quarter vs UM was close to Swindle level...just atrocious.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. RealGatorFan

RealGatorFan Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Way too many unknowns. Have no idea how the run game will fair without ETN's explosiveness. Defense is only as good as last season. ST sucks until proven otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    A win, by any margin would be super sweet.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. gatorfanbill

gatorfanbill All American

Feb 7, 2018
    The Gators need to be ready and execute well on both sides of the ball… and play with intensity.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    One of the greatest plays in Gator football history.

But for some curious reason, Doug Dickey said the play was "poorly executed".

Au contraire Doug!! What could be more perfect than having your players flop on their bellies, their heads in their hands, and with their legs crossed? It is pure perfection.

That play has tormented the Cocanes for over fifty years. Boo Hoo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. thenazz

thenazz Senior

Sep 4, 2017
    Albuquerque
    I don't usually bet on sports unless I happen to be in Vegas, but might have to pull the trigger on this one. The Swamp will come through.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Doug Dickey was poorly executed

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And the baseball team sucks

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Caning would have been perfectly deserved.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    IMO, whatever college football morphs into,
    It will revolve around these two entities.
    AFC and NFC, down the road.

19. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    The only thing I wonder about is do they keep teams like Vandy on the schedules of the teams that are truly try to compete. I’ve never liked the automatic five free wins awarded to crappy teams to make them bowl eligible. The second tier of teams should play each other and have their own playoff like the very small schools do. I’m sure those smaller schools enjoy winning their titles too.

20. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I maintained 2 years ago that this "mess" would ultimately lead to an NFL model, which it surely has, based on the latest ruling.
    That model, IMO, will lead to the reduction of Power 5 "Big Boys" to something like 36 - 48 teams, which will eventually be split
    between the Big 10 and the SEC. Of course this is all a legal nightmare and will take years to resolve in court and settle out.
    I "doubt" the Pac-10, Big 10 and ACC will survive. They will be absorbed into the NFL "light" format sooner or later.

This is a shame because I forsee the elimination of many athletic programs, especially on the west coat. Pretty tough to finance
    lacross and the various small sports traveling East 2 - times a week to compete.

Corporate logos will now be hitting the field and you can bet Florida Field will be renamed:
    BHG, at Steve Spurrier Field, at XXX-XXX-XXX Corporate Sponser.

I know Rick does not believe this, but I think he mistaken in that perception.

All the others will be reclassified into smaller divisions. Nor am I bitching. I have accepted the reality. It does kinda piss me off
    how the millenials and younger folk don't seem to care much about how the "new" version of College Football has changed from the old version.
    But thats the wind of change.

The bastards in charge know the fans love this sport, thats why they are pushing supporters to the limit and against the wall to fork over all this dough.

I am glad that the kids and their families may see a financial windfall however, I have NOTHING against that. Especially since this opens up
    economic opportunity to an entire sub-set of folks that often come from lower income households.

Anyway, as the Borg say: Resistance is Futile. We will be assimilated into the Money Whore called NFL light.

• Agree Agree x 1