Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

America Last

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Oct 6, 2024 at 11:31 AM.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Kamala Harris along with Anthony Blinken have announced $157 million in humanitarian aid for Lebanon:

Harris Touts $157M for Civilians in Lebanon While Many Helene Victims Wait for Relief (breitbart.com)

Democrat presidential nominee Vice President Kamala Harris on Saturday touted that her and President Joe Biden’s administration was sending $157 million in humanitarian aid to civilians in Lebanon.

She even added the $157 million infusion would bring the total U.S. support to Lebanon in one year to “over $385 million.”

Harris posted on X: “The people of Lebanon are facing an increasingly dire humanitarian situation. I am concerned about the security and well-being of civilians suffering in Lebanon and will continue working to help meet the needs of all civilians there.

“To that end, the United States will provide nearly $157 million in additional assistance to the people of Lebanon for essential needs such as food, shelter, water, protection, and sanitation to help those who have been displaced by the recent conflict. This additional support brings total U.S. assistance to Lebanon over the last year to over $385 million,” she added.

Hells bells, let Iran give them humanitarian aid as they have created the problems in Lebanon.

• Dislike x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  2. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maybe it's just me but I always thought the United States was fully capable of providing relief to American victims of disasters while also providing foreign aid to victims of wars and disasters. I never knew that the two were mutually exclusive.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  3. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    Well, Kam must cater to its anti-Semitic radical Islamist terrorist constituency in Michigan and other parts of the nation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Is Lebanon a city in West North Carolina?
    Lots of truth to the below imo

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    If by capable you mean putting the US further in debt than yes.

But considering the current disaster and the one coming, it is a tone deaf jester on American ears.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    I think Lebanon is in Tennessee near Nashville. Lebanon Station is at the intersection of US19, SR121, and county road 336 in SE Levy County.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    They sure seem to be with this Administration and Congress

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Complaining just to complain. He’s giving $750 as part of Helene response

9. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    The desperation is damn near palpable. Heavy in the air like a wet blanket.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    It's great when people suddenly realize that the US gives foreign aid to other countries and pretend that they're outraged. Outraged, by God!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    I thought you were joking but yes there is a Lebanon Tennesde.

• Like Like x 1
  12. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Mayorkas working 24/7 or shopping for new disaster zone clothes that will make him look cool on TV?

13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Shopping??!!!! LOCK HIM UP!

14. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Reality is such an elusive creature for Cons. Simpler for them to just wait for the cult leader to dictate to them.

15. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Definitely. Very capable group in terms of funding things.

You are now free, if you choose, to give the board a laugh by pretending you care about spending......after voting for the felon who instantly turned a decreasing deficit in the other direction, and racked up more debt than any POTUS in US history.

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    I'm old enough to remember the most recent multi-billion dollar funding for Israel, and how vurry vurry super angry Trumppublicans were that that money wasn't going to FEMA.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Nope. The entire federal government is one guy. His name is Kevin and he can either help with Helene recovery or help other countries.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Actually it's more like with the supporters of the defeated former president.

19. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Maybe I'm wrong but if we have a national emergency does it really take more than a day or two to get FEMA money? Example: a dirty (radioactive) bomb goes off in NYC. My problem with FEMA has always been that gov't run programs aren't efficient. Now that we have so many DEI hires it's worse.

I've pulled a lot of permits in the past. The biggest pains in the butt have usually been women. They love to exercise their authority over alpha males. Two females and one male are the exceptions.

Example. I'm in Gainesville and people at a government agency in Orl a n d o needed 100 sheets of plywood because a hurricane was coming. I loaded my box truck with the plywood, came to Orlando and distributed 60 sheets of plywood @ $17.95 plus tax for for ~$1200. How do I move the other 40 sheets? I called Casselberry code enforcement and talked to a Janet Cooke. "Can I set up next to Home Depot and move the plywood? The answer was no because Janet said I was trying to profiteer by selling something I paid $17.95 plus tax for for $20. Meanwhile the line of cars trying to get into Home Depot was 1/4 of a mile long.

Same crap is happending in Western Carolina. Guys break the rules to get stuff done, women are sticklers for doing things by the book even if the net effect is negative.

Other people who post here can probably back me up on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I won’t join in on the guys do it better than girls lean but it is my experience the more Gov entities involved the longer it takes to get done.

Certainly true with clinical trials. NIH trials take forever to get up and going and have layers and layers of extra BS compared to privately run trials.