Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

America haters

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by 92gator, Jul 5, 2023.

1. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Trump has no relationship to this thread, other than perhaps, the WHY libbies hate America, I suppose.

But kindly take your TDS to your shrink.

I'm not here to comfort your woes.

...I'm too busy laughing at them.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    One other side note--I'm at best, what you might call a Trump apologist--which is to say, I defend the guy from relentless attacks.

I'm not, and never have been, a Trump 'evangelist', or supporter.

....and that's coming from a guy whose wife took the kids to multiple rallies, bought MAGA hats n merch, and was all in.

My support of DJT has always been, and remains, tempered, and 99% defensive.

I thought his policies were effective, and a vast improvement over his predecessor (and his successor, a drop off).

And I'm quite grateful for the one thing he did that pisses yall off more than anything, and has served to hold the ship together, while chicom puppet Joe tries his level best, to effect national suicide-- to wit: his federal court n SCOTUS appointments.

Unfortunately though, even that has done nothing to stem the dems' suicidal
    fiscal wasting (which I'm convinced, is the chicom's bidding).

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    BTW, whatever happened to the anti war left ? Hell, now they want TWO wars!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    In a word... Trump.

They've lost their collective shit, and pegged their value system to whatever is anti-Ttump.

C'est la vie

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Who are you even talking about? This is the problem when there is no real left to speak of, they get lumped in with John Kerry "Reporting for Duty" Democrats. As I recall, pretty much everyone in mainstream politics shat on Cindy Sheehan and Code Pink, that was like 20 years ago.

6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m almost afraid to ask, but what would a real left look like ?

7. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    It would look like all the things Republicans say Democrats are. Its just sad that people call Joe Biden a communist or whatever.

8. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I don’t know about that. I do know the Democrats tend to be depraved warmongering authoritarians.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    ...unless a guy like Trump or Bush II called for war. Then they'd become militantant, violent peace mongerers.

:ninja3:

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    I have never heard both sides of this battle in English at the same time before, so this was a treat.

I used to sit under the arm of a Cuban chef making food for a congregation of 200 Haitians. Summary: Haitian food is good, but Cuban food is hot weather food. How can you eat Haitian food daily south of Okechobee? Dia kolaya-pwah(sp?) is good rice if you live in Vermont! Epis burns.

FYI I learned enough "Kreyol" to get around (Haitian church, long story) and I just now found out it started with a K.

Strange that posting in a thread for "America Haters" could be so educational.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  11. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Ah yeah, diri kole ak pwa is rice and beans made together, not like the separate rice with bean sauce. We eat it many ways but this is the one we are mostly known for. Diri means rice, kole means together, ak means with, pwa can mean beans or peas.

Epis doesn’t burn. It’s a fresh paste like base seasoning mix of ground parsley, peppers, garlic, oil, and vinegar. You don’t ever eat it directly or uncooked. I think you’re talking about pikliz, which is almost like if you took cole slaw veggies, put them in a jar with sliced up scotch bonnet peppers, a little salt and topped it off with vinegar. It turns into our version of hot sauce and we put it on everything.

Lots of good restaurants in South Florida, but it’s always best to get it homemade from a friend!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I couldnt tell you the difference between Cuban bread and French bread, except that it gets labeled different. Is baguette style bread a thing in Haitian cuisine?

13. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Yeah, I believe that Haitians in Haiti would tend to traditionally eat more French style bread. At least that's what I kind of remember from trips a long time ago. Standard fare Haitian Americans from my experience just eat whatever bread they want like a typical American.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    They’re out searching for the anti-Russian right.

15. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    Who would’ve thought this thread would lead to some great dinner ideas!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dave_the_thinker

dave_the_thinker VIP Member

Dec 1, 2019
    Milton, FL
    That was it! Pikliz. I got them mixed up. That stuff burned my eyes (or maybe it was all the incense they burned before everything)

I have never been to a Haitian restaurant but would be interested to see how it stacks up against Haitian church potlucks.

• Like Like x 3
  17. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Well, you've definitely stirred up a hanker'n for some Haitian....

Gonna try and hunt me some down tonight....

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. tigator2019

tigator2019 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 25, 2018
    In my head--- UF
    Where was this? When was this? In the USA?

To me it's despicable. Yes, 1st amendment right blah blah blah. I have the freedom to say this people are idiots.

I'm Joe private citizen, not a pol. If it happens in front of me I go 100% Rick Monday on them:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I thought I could settle this argument since I was raised by a southern farm girl from multiple generations in Florida and Georgia and I eat nothing but home grown Southern foods. There is one exception. When I was a kid my paternal grandmother lived on the edge of Ybor City and when we would visit them we always ate at the Columbia. The one foreign dish I will eat to this day is Spanish bean soup. I love the stuff so my vote was going to be Cuban food hands down. Then I just googled "Spanish bean soup origin" and it seems Garbanzo beans are from the Mediterranean and Spanish bean soup originated in Spain, so much for that argument.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I think it's perfectly acceptable for a baseball player to do that in a situation like that. An MLB field is not a public place and your behavior is not protected. Not so sure I'd agree with you if it was a public place or at their privately owned home or business. You don't have to like it, but if it's not breaking a law it's not really your place to try and stop it.

• Agree Agree x 1