Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alzheimer's disease connected to flu shots and other vaccine's?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by vegasfox, Feb 13, 2024.

1. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Another L for the pro vac crowd?

"According to Hugh Fudenberg, MD, the world's leading immunogeneticist and 13th most quoted biologist of our times (nearly 850 papers in peer review journals), if an individual has had five consecutive flu shots between 1970 and 1980 (the years studied) his/her chances of getting Alzheimer's Disease is ten times higher than if they had 1 or 2 shots."

• Funny x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  2. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    We’re not allowed to posit the likelihood. Because safe and effective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    Survivorship bias?

• Like Like x 1
  4. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I remember Trump floating this in 2015 with respect to autism and Ben Carson saying the studies hadn't established any correlation. Fudenberg has been apparently been dead a long time, so it's interesting to see him quoted now (by someone who is apparently a politically-active, conservative chiropractor).

5. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Sigh why are we rehashing things that are decades old?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    See also: Covid

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    I’m not a fan of neck cracking, but I do submit that had a chiro been in charge, in 2020, far, FAR fewer would have died.

8. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Perhaps you should take the next year or two off from posting and investigate this more fully?

Btw, you forgot to mention Fudenburg was a total nutjob and that there is no peer-reviewed study that supports that repudiated claim you quoted above. In other words, your post is consistent with your posting history.

Hugh Fudenberg ruled unfit to prescribe – briandeer.com

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    One of the things I like about twitter is how they add the "Readers added context" right on the original post.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Agree. I wonder if this poster actually read what he posted? I’m gonna guess, no o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. duggers_dad

Jan 5, 2022
    Healthcare likely the third leading cause of death in the U.S. (I would venture the first) but obtain some of its offerings by ilicit means and boy do they bring the hammer!

12. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    However, it is this kind of garbage, being spread as "facts" by morons in our country and promoted by money grubbing quacks like Kennedy and Vinay Prasad and Joseph Mercola and others.

Meanwhile, the world is going backwards heading toward the 1800's where thousands were infected and a small, yet growing number of deaths occur from viruses that had been largely stomped out in the US and Europe.

But yeah....let's keep posting stupid garbage the idiots make up, and more idiots believe hook line and sinker.

As measles spreads in England, health authorities warn the outbreak could snowball

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Not in the conventional sense.

Another L for @vegasfox!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    From a more credible source.
    Alzheimer's disease: Common vaccines tied to lower risk
    • Recent research suggests that some routine vaccinations are associated with a reduced risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
    • Previous research revealed that individuals who had received at least one flu shot had a 40% lower chance of developing Alzheimer’s compared to those who had not received any vaccination.
    • The new research findings point to a practical and accessible way for Alzheimer’s prevention, emphasizing the advantages of routine adult vaccines.

• Informative Informative x 6
  15. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Another W for the pro vax crowd!

16. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    My posting history shows no declarative sentences that have been refuted. I gave you guys a softball to hit because none of you guys is willing to engage Putin (or me) on Russia or Ukraine matters. I was against the COVID vax for myself.

Would be great to see you guys deal with the substance of Putin's remarks to Tucker. So far zilch

• Like Like x 3
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Since flu shots was mentioned in the OP, I went for my regularly scheduled doctor visit last week and he was discussing my vaccination history. I had both of the shingles shots and he asked if I had been taking the annual flu shots. I told him I have taken it for 30 years and never have had the flu. He then said that the data is showing that people who take the flu shot for 6 or more years have a 40% less chance of getting dementia. I asked how are those related, meaning flu and dementia, and he said they are not sure but that is what the data is showing.

• Informative Informative x 8
  18. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s an odd link that I wonder if they’ve properly controlled for all the variables.

Like you I’ve never had the flu but I’ve also never had the flu shot. Not planning to get the latter until I get the former for the first time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. vegasfox

vegasfox GC Hall of Fame

Feb 4, 2024
    Thanks for all the comments. The flu shot also reduces dementia in people with chronic kidney disease.

You guys get a big fat Won this thread. .

20. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Speaking of benefits of vaccines, don’t forget your shingles vax. Shingles can be very painful and a outbreak can last a long time

“Shingrix is said to be more than 90% effective against shingles and postherpetic neuralgia”

Should I get the new shingles vaccine? - Harvard Health