Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alternative to Biden

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator7_5, Jan 12, 2024.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    With a criminal organization running the whole government, from local MAGA cult officials right up to luxury gift-loving, upside-down flag waving Supreme Court justices, stealing elections should be pretty damn easy. That is, as long as our future authoritarian government even bothers with sham elections. (Trump or a MAGA White House successor can simply abolish elections as "an official act.")

2. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I was looking for specifics not some dystopian fear mongering rant.
    That ranks right up with Romney is gonna take away your toys and Obama is declare Marshal law and take away all your guns.

3. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    You want Donald Trump and you're going to get him. Just be thankful. You've got nothing to worry about.

4. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Nope I’ve said for quite awhile I wish Trump would go away and they both suck.
    Seems like you’re coming to where I’ve been for awhile welcome.

BTW still waiting for specifics on how Trump/GOP will steal elections.
    I thought I’d get more substance from you.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Most of the GOP thinks the last election was stolen. They must know more or less how something like that gets done, don’t you think? In fact they went to about 50 courts about it. They just couldn’t come up with the proof. But once they’re in power, I think they can do just what they wanted to prove the Dems were doing. I’m not a politician, corrupt election official, or criminal, so don’t ask me how it’s done, just wait and watch it get done.

Sham elections take place all over the world under authoritarian governments. You want specifics from me on how it's done? Sorry, it's not my job.

6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Your guy has expressed his interest in being a dictator. That should resolve any question you have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Guy you chose to ignore it even though it’s right in the post of mine you quoted.
    I’ll do all caps so it’s harder to miss.

TRUMP ISN’T MY GUY!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Your not guy expressed a desire to be a dictator. That should dispose of your question.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. LimeyGator

LimeyGator Official Brexit Reporter!

I see so many parallels to recent UK politics right now.

Over here the political right won the election in 2010, they had a small minority (in coalition) and cemented that in 2015.

Then it started to unravel. But the opposition left just kept beating themselves with in-fighting, hesitancy and incompetence.
    They lost in 2017 when they were touted to win, and compounded the misery in 2019.

The biggest issue? The guy in charge was marmite to his base.

The will-he won't-he in Biden is catastrophic. And in my experience, no matter what optimism there is, you can never regain what is lost.
    To me, Trump looks a shoe-in to win as it stands. And it looks like the Democrats will fight within themselves for the next few months.

Happy to be told I'm nowhere near the mark, but for your sake, I hope you go in a different direction, decisively and quickly. It's the obfuscation and delay that does the most damage.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I agree. And any country in which a sick wannabe dictator like Trump is a shoo-in to be its president doesn't deserve to remain a democracy, as apparently it doesn't even want to.

11. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I thought this post also belongs in this thread:

Trump nails down the Black vote: only 74% of the Black voters polled say he should not be running for president. Of those people, over 90% cite decisions he might make as the main reason they don't support him.

Opinion | The reason Black voters say Trump should drop out won't surprise anybody but him

12. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I tend to agree. This country deserves to have Trump as its president and that’s what it’s gonna get.

13. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    I feel kind of sorry for our allies. They have to wonder what the hell happened to this country. Trump has already said Russia can do "whatever it wants" in Europe. China will probably attack Taiwan the day after Trump is inaugurated. ("Gee, Xi, do what you want. When is our summit with Vlad? And when can we start on Beijing's Trump Tower?") Remember that Reagan crap about America being a shining light on a hill?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    As a conservative what did you dislike about Trumps policies the first go-around?

15. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    I think it will be Mike Obama in a convention shocker

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    He had none, besides lying.

Or did I miss the healthcare plan he promised? The legislative solution and plan on immigration? The deficit reduction plan? Infrastructure week, lol?

OK, to be fair he had some. He enacted harmful tariffs and deficit-fueled tax cuts for corporations and top tax brackets. Didn't like those. Then he had a policy for covid : lie about it - downplay it, promote fake treatments, say it was going away.

To be fair, he had ONE....and ONLY ONE.....discernible good policy; promotion of a covid vaccine. But then he went all kook-boy and pandered to the anti-vax kooks by saying how bad it was.

I think you'd be hard-pressed to say any policies that were good. At least any REAL ones, lol. What legislation did he work on and propose?

17. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    His NAFTA centerpiece was truly a manufacturing/industrial win that was desperately needed … FOR MEXICO. It has paralyzed American industrial capabilities, driving the sector to enrich Mexico and build that economy. And so, for all of his promises that Mexico would pay for his Wall, he really took the steps to give Mexico the means to do so.

He almost single-handedly destroyed American foreign relations with our allies.

He spent more than any President before him, all while cutting taxes and income.

His foreign policy naivety led him to negotiate directly with the Taliban, at the exclusion of the Afghan government, leading to the perception that the Afghan government was powerless.

AND SO MUCH MORE.

But, at the expense of the obvious, please don’t take my opinions on the matter; they’re meaningless. Just listen and read to what virtually all of his advisors who worked for Trump said about him, almost to a man declaring he was grossly incompetent and dangerous to our Nation.

18. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Mike should come out in a white Elvis jumpsuit and sing "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog/ Cryin' all the time" to a blowup of Trump's mug shot.