Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alito won’t recuse himself

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, May 29, 2024.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Thank you. This is the first factual answer to my question. Appreciate it Davis.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. tilly

Flailing? Thats your pov based on bias.

3. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Nah, SEVERAL people have tried to explain why this is no 1st amendment issue and either you can’t or won’t understand it. That’s YOUR bias.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    It’s always the same argument regardless of the specific issue.

I’m not defending the conservative. I think it’s wrong for reasons I won’t explain. See how fair I am. Look at me.

But each and every condemnation by a liberal is wrong and/or hypocritical, and only someone with my perfect narcissistic moral exquisiteness can address the problem by taking over the thread. I’ll just post a critiquing query I think is accurate and relevant, and judge the shortcomings of my moral lessers that persuasively undermine it, remaining the center of attention.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. tilly

Only one person has even attempted to give any proof that In this debate outside of their opinion. And I thanked Davis for doing so.

Just telling me I am wrong with no link or proof is not a valid "explanation" .

I would still like you to show me the legal basis (with proof) that says my wife cant hang a flag upside down just because I dont like it.

I would like legal proof that my freedom trumps hers.

Link me to that please

6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    There is no legal basis for that and no one is saying there is. That's the point. It's not a legal issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. tilly

So...to clarify. We are mad at a justice for not removing a flag that he has no legal basis to remove?

I believe he liked the flag. I doubt he wanted it removed. I think its a terrible look.

But I am just making the point that telling a husband to remove his wifes flag isnt really his legal right.

I can think all of that and still think they are (for the 4th time) stupid

8. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    So you really think the husband has no legal right to remove the flag the wife put up in their yard?

9. tilly

Only if his right trumps hers. Which is what I keep asking for someone to prove to me.

Truth is, i dont think any of us REALLY know.

Lets just agree on them being stupid and move on I guess.

10. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    It's only an issue with his employer if it's an issue. I see no "issues" with Alito's status at the SCOTUS given the events as we know them. Nobody can speak to what your husband may or may not be able to do, but Alito is fine. There is nothing disqualifying in his or his wife's actions.

13. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
  14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    By the way, this is a false statement of the law, and he knows it, though it is worded in a way intended to deceive.

I confirmed that Virginia is a tenancy by the entireties state, as are most states, a legal fiction form of ownership reserved for married couples, in which each spouse owns not 1/2 but the whole, the entirety. Intended to protect marital ownership from the debts of one spouse and ease succession.

It’s true that Martha Ann Alito had the right to do whatever she wanted to with any part of the property without his consent. But it’s equally true that he can, and that he could’ve taken the flag down at any time he wanted to. He’s lying.

By the way, they’re not above lying about basic principles of law that have been settled for centuries. In Hobby Lobby, they said that a corporation has no different legal identity than the individual owners of a mortify of shares, which is unequivocally false as a matter of hornbook law. It’s just a lie, but it works on the rubes, and it’s what they do when they communicate. IMG_2257.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2