Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alito won’t recuse himself

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Trickster, May 29, 2024.

1. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nothing would satisfy these people short of Merchan tossing the case which would have been reversible error.

2. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    Nothing has stuck? Nothing has stuck? You mean other than rape, fraud and defamation?

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    You're assuming Alito is telling the truth. I don't and won't. He already got caught lying about why the flag at his residence went up. I don't believe for a second those flags went up without his knowledge and consent.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Nah-nah-nuh-nah-nah!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Bizarre story about the neighborhood squabble with Alito’s wife.
    She sounds intense. I guess not much Sam Alito can do with her, but he could at least not fly the flags. Seems petty thing for a Supreme Court justice to do.

“Alito complained to the neighbor. “Things escalated and the neighbor put up a sign personally addressing Mrs. Alito and blaming her for the Jan 6th attacks,” tweeted the Fox News reporter who interviewed the justice.

But in the Baden family’s version, the justice’s wife initiated the conflict. “Aside from putting up a sign, we did not begin or instigate any of these confrontations,” Ms. Baden said later.

Mrs. Alito happened to be standing outside. According to interviews with Ms. Baden and her husband, as well as messages they sent to friends at the time, Mrs. Alito ran toward their car and yelled something they did not understand.”

The Alitos, the Neighborhood Clash and the Upside-Down Flag

Last edited: May 29, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    So you do admit he is the most investigated person in the history of the planet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Can you see Alito telling his wife that because he's on the highest court in the land, the flag needs to be taken down or else there will be a firestorm from people who already hate me, and then she tells him no? Unless she's just a horrible person, there's no way in Hell Alito told his wife to tale the flag down. He's a dishonorable, unscrupulous liar in my estimation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    I have no idea if he is or not, he certainly deserves to be in the top 20. I was addressing the most glaringly inaccurate part of your post.

9. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    No, he repudiated your absurd implication that the investigations have been "witch hunts". Every single one has been warranted, and the ones which make it to a jury result in guilty verdicts.

Give up your defense of him, man. The FACTS don't support it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Next we'll find out that Alito and Clarence Thomas are into wife-swapping. NTTAWWT.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Hint: Being the most-investigated person on the planet ain't a good thing ;). Trump, however, is so friggin' stupid that he probably brags about it.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Also the most persecuted man in history, just ask him. Quite the victim he is ( $$$$$$$$$$$$$).

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    I'd be careful if I were you. @Trickster has a lot of pull and he can get you kicked right off the trailer park bowling team.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. gatorjo

gatorjo GC Hall of Fame

Feb 24, 2024
    So then you CAN substantiate your claim about Merchan?

You can make an uninterrupted post....

15. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    “Aside from putting up the sign.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    .....more likely the assisted living scrabble game.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    uhmm..most investigated because he has committed the most crimes? very good at not writing anything down or using any digital devices, he learned well from the mob. and yes, he was convicted of running a fraudulent university, of running a fraudulent charity, of raping a woman, and of falsifying business records. Or does none of that count because the trials were all rigged?If the senate would have done their job instead of voting their partisanship save their asses, he would have been convicted 2x by congress and if Canon wasn't a trump cultist he would have been convicted of that by now. Unless he wins the election, he has several more convictions coming in Georgia, DC, and Florida, assuming a new judge who knows and enforces the law and not the cult of trump. I suspect he will also face charges and convictions in Arizona and Michigan too if the justice system is actually just

19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    no, that would probably be Hillary. But she wasn't convicted of anything

20. GatorJMDZ

Apr 3, 2007
    You notice how our MAGA righties can never simply admit they're wrong or accept responsibility for their mistakes? You catch them in a statement that is blatantly factually inaccurate...not an opinion, mind you, but a statement of fact...and all they can do is deflect. They get that from Trump, a fact-checker's nightmare, and it is part of the moral decay creeping across America. I've said this before, after Trump is gone a lot of people are going to need to have their moral compasses recalibrated...or replaced.

• Like Like x 1