Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alabama mayor/pastor kills himself after secret life as transgender curvy girl exposed

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Nov 6, 2023.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I'm not hot and bothered at all.
    My comment on the topic was actually one of sympathy and a sharp shot at his church.

I only brought it up when you ripped on people for starting sich threads in a "such" thread that YOU started.

I'm just a fan of irony.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Appreciate your response. I would add though that folks are mighty SELECTIVE about that particular book, myself included. I feel my connection to the words written in red.

• Like Like x 1
  3. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Actually, what is really bizarre is actually treating gender identity as a real issue, when in fact, big corporations which decide what is important have moved on.

Here's the real problem, if the GOP ran on its real agenda of screwing the working class to benefit the investor class, it would lose every election. So it needs these BS social issues like abortion and transgender to get stupid people to vote against their own economic interests. Clearly picking on folks isn’t below their political goals.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    A gnat and camel come to mind.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

5. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Imagine that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Lol@“ripped on.” Stop it.

7. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    What a sad story. If this guy wanted to relieve stress by dressing up as a Confederate Soldier at Civil War reenactments, his congregation likely would have cheered him on. If he wanted to dress up as an anime character and attend Comic Book Conventions or LARP in the park, the congregation might now have quite understood, but they likely would have accepted the quirk. But no. This guy wanted to dress up as a woman, and that, for some reason, is an unforgivable sin. So much so that they guy felt he had no other way out but to kill himself.

People are complicated. And it's sad that this guy couldn't feel like he could be himself and be accepted for that. And that's a tragedy, and what is causing many LGBTQ+ to consider suicide.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    That's really an excellent point. I talked at length to a guy who is very active on the drag queen circuit and he described it very much as simply dressing up, having an alter ego and being in a community.
    I told him about a young woman I used to work with - very quiet and mousy. Then she showed me photos of herself as Princess Leia, in an outfit she made herself. She loved the Comicon scene.
    The guy who did drag said it was very much the same thing.

9. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    "Outing" according to Messiah

From Matthew 18
    If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have one your brother. But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that (quoting from Deuteronomy) "by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word might be established." And if he refuses to hear them, say it to he assembly. And if he refuses even to hear the assembly, let him be to you like the nations an a tax collector.

This should have been dealt with by his brothers, first in private, then perhaps in public if the sin continued.

However . . .

If you want to keep something private, don't put it on the internet. This is the lesson I always taught my students when I was in brick and mortar. What goes on the internet is on the internet FOREVER.