Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alabama mayor/pastor kills himself after secret life as transgender curvy girl exposed

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Nov 6, 2023.

1. cron78

cron78 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2022
    I watched it. I found it a bit whiny, but I understand because I believe that the speaker truly is hurt and bothered by what has apparently happened to him in his life, and this pastor’s suicide is a trigger for him. I don’t doubt that he and the deceased have faced bigotry. I have faced hardships, too, even life threatening stage four cancer. Not making a direct comparison; just noting that I have my own emotional triggers. I was more sympathetic until he belabored his point too long and then threw out that all heterosexuals are guilty of stoking the suicide. Bullshit. I’m not. He lost me at that point, but I am a live and let live dude so I am fine with him being him. I’ll continue to be me. If he were in my town and we had the opportunity, perhaps we could have a beverage and talk about things we have in common; LGBTQ friends being one thing, including some deceased for various reasons.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I agree with most of what you wrote but I think that maybe it was just still a bit raw for him, especially considering he’s from the area. I don’t think that he was blaming all heterosexuals, just the shamers.

3. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    We should accept meth heads for who they are. Can't help themselves. Ain't a problem. Gotta love em meth n all, for who they are! THAT'S LOVE!!!

:monkey:

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  4. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    What a ridiculous take but not unexpected

• Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 2
  5. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    He made some decent points...within his ridiculously broad brush.

(Did you catch the irony? [ALL] those ppl judge gays...). o_O

:devil:

6. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    LOL, 92 gave you a winner rating. I wonder if he actually read what you wrote?

7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Analogy.

You don't love someone with a problem by pretending it's not a problem.

Pretending gender bending isn't a problem....is kind of a problem.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    I did. The post was sincere--and I agreed mostly with his take on the vid.

Why did you think I should have a problem with his post?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Technically it’s not about transgenders, it’s about a pastor with a secret cross dressing fetish who offed himself because his ignorant judgmental, self righteous congregation wouldn’t approve. Raised as he likely was, he chose to become the pastor of a fundamentalist / evangelical type church. His shame and likely shunning from being exposed as a hypocrite with a "sin" he found too much to bear. He likely took what he viewed as the easy way out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    It’s not your problem though, is it?

11. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Am I not explaining this clearly? Nevermind.

12. swampbabe

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    Because in your posts you seem to have issues with those that are gay, calling it a “mental” problem. It’s not, full stop.

If I’ve misconstrued your thoughts, I apologize.

13. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    No.

14. cron78

cron78 GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2022
    The speaker was a bit emotional, but he seemed quite articulate and intelligent, and he went to great effort to have his say so I took him at his word. Perhaps you are right in that he didn’t really mean what he said, but everything else appeared heartfelt and meant as said. I got the immediate feeling when he accused all heteros that he had just lumped a whole lot of people into the wrong pile, doing exactly what he was complaining about. We all manifest at some level of hypocritic, at least on occasion, and that is not how to win over folks that are either on the fence or on the other side. It is forgivable, though. Oh darn, did I just lump everyone into the same pile? Oops.

15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Well I'm not familiar with such a thread. Thats why I said "likely" and "if".

16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

You
    Put
    Transgender
    In
    The
    Thread
    Title

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    A few more details:
    Alabama mayor's apparent suicide underscores the dangers of outing

F.L. “Bubba” Copeland — the mayor of Smiths Station, Alabama, and a pastor at First Baptist Church Phenix City — died by apparent suicide on Friday. His death came two days after 1819 News, a conservative Alabama news site, published pictures of him wearing women’s clothing and makeup, and the same day the site published a follow-up article stating that Copeland wrote and shared a violent fictional story online featuring a woman he knew in real life and posted photos of minors and women online without their consent.

The photos published in the first article are from various social media accounts Copeland operated under the pseudonym Brittini Blaire Summerlin. In a screenshot of one of the since-deleted accounts, Brittini is described as a “transitioning transgender” girl.

In that article, the Alabama outlet stated that Copeland confirmed he operated the accounts and was featured in the photos, but said the accounts were merely about “getting rid of stress” and were just a “hobby” and a “fantasy.” The article also noted that Copeland deleted the accounts after the interview and asked that the 1819 News not make the screenshots of the accounts public due to his family and position as a pastor. That request was denied. Copeland, 49, was found dead two days after the Nov. 1 publication.

---Copeland spoke to his congregation, explained and apologized ----

“I apologize for any embarrassment caused by my private personal life that has become public,” he said. “This will not cause my life to change. This will not waver my devotion to my family, serving my city, serving my church. I’m thankful for the grace of God and the willingness to forgive. I have nothing to be ashamed of. A lot of things that were said were taken out of context. In conclusion, I love my family. They’re number one. And, again, I’m sorry for what my actions have caused.”

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    By no means was I trying to convey that I completely understand the person you posted; I think Cron hit the nail on the head. His commentary speaks from the perspective of somebody having been mistreated. Presumably, we all know somebody who has been mistreated; sometimes when people are mistreated, they have a jaded view on certain types of interactions, and that's what comes across in his video.

If I'm not mistaken, you are a retired teacher; I would assume that you've had to correct some students from time to time because their information was wrong based on the foundation of knowledge that you were equipped with. Or perhaps they misrepresented something they were trying to learn. This same kind of thing can/does happen in a church setting as well. It's not wrong to point out where people are failing. Here's the thing, though. A good preacher makes a connection and identifies that he too fails. We all fail in different ways, but your foundation as a teacher comes from books...the foundation in a church also comes from a book. ;)

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

19. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    This isn't the first time a thread in this section has had the word "transgender" in the title, yet for some reason this is the one you choose to get all hot and bothered about. It's pretty obvious why LOL