Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Alabama mayor/pastor kills himself after secret life as transgender curvy girl exposed

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by orangeblue_coop, Nov 6, 2023.

1. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    Why do you find it so difficult to believe?

I mean - I hear you - I can't imagine it myself, but there are countless thousands of people out there doing it as I type. Many of them in positions that they could be jeapordizing by those actions. I'm guessing it's part of the allure.

EDIT to add: I'm not saying he did upload himself. I have no way of knowing one way or the other. I just wouldn't be surprised one way or the other.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
  2. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    See my remarks on which sins have PR departments and which don’t.

4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Relatedly, the woman behind Libs of TikTok appears proud that those she posts about get threats. Shameful

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    What a horrible story. It's sad that the public finding this out lead to his suicide.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Says the OP who started a transgender thread.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I think it’s because to bigots, trans people make them uncomfortable. They don’t understand it so it scares them. I think most of them can understand heterosexual extramarital affairs even if they don’t condone them.

Of all the morality laws that have been legislated it always surprised me that adultery has never been one of them and that’s in spite of it including a legal contract/contract with god.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Suicide very indicative of mental health issues.

Transgenderism is a mental illness.

Let's pile on the dude who took his life due to mental illness.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Just demonstrating the actual human consequences of the obsessive hatred.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    I don’t think people are criticizing him. It’s the societal judgement, don’t you think?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    The guy didn’t just randomly off himself, he was “outed” by some crazed news publication. We aren’t privy to the type of hate he was receiving. But his own church had pretty chiling words in retrospect. “We have become aware of the alleged unbiblical behavior related to the pastor of the First Baptist Church of Phenix City”. Sounds like not much support from his “church”.

Guy was probably fixin’ to be ousted from his church (his job) and have his life ruined over that photo. I’m guessing that factored in his decision, and losing work/friends is a factor in a lot of people’s suicides. The fact that you just callously chalk the whole thing as mental illness is actually revealing of the root of the problem. Instead of trying to help him or do anything to give him another chance, the apparent aim was to shame. Even though technically it’s not even clear to me what is “unbiblical” here, we can infer he was maybe gay (despite having 3 kids). If he wasn’t gay, and it was just some weird kink, not sure I understand the “biblical” issue. Either way, I bet there were even a few “high fives” among those in his “church” and in the publication who embarrassed the poor guy. Mission accomplished I guess. Too bad those Baptist’s don’t hound stories of sex abuse and child abuse with the same zeal as a goofy crossdresser.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    The "unbiblical behavior" is based on Deuteronomy 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

The Book of Acts (of the Apostles) tells of the first century meeting of the Council of Jerusalem where the elders decided it was not necessary for gentile converts to the Christian faith to first convert to Judaism. It was not necessary for male gentile Christian converts to be circumcised, a covenant ritual performed on 8 day old male babies born to Jewish mothers. The uncircumcised are not required to follow the mitzvot, requirements or laws Jews are obligated to follow.

I'm not entirely sure the prohibition from Deuteronomy 22 quoted above was one of the 613 mitzvot listed elsewhere in the Bible, but it was definitely prohibited during that era.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    I’d say this thread is more about a mayor/pastor committing suicide because he was afraid to be his true self due to backlash he’d face from ignorant people in his own religion. I wouldn’t really call it a transgender thread.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    not it isn't, anymore than heterosexuality is. considering it or homosexuality a mental illness is a big part of the problem and that thought process from close minded, judgemental people is what led him to take his life

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  15. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    Very interesting, thanks.

I am probably really over-thinking it, but one thing that occurs to me is that with the exception of some guys like Brother Jed who yelled at women for wearing pants, American society has seemed relatively more accepting of women choosing not to present in traditionally feminine ways (by wearing pants, having shorter hair, not wearing makeup, etc.). On the other hand, there seems to be much more scorn and ridicule when men choose non conformity. I wonder whether part of it is straight men fearing that they might be "tricked" into accidentally finding another male attractive even for a split second? Or maybe it has to do with a social fear that feminine-presenting men will be unable or unwilling to fight for the country if it comes down to it?

I also wonder how far back some relatively modern norms go and the extent to which they've changed over various time periods. For example, we often see Jesus depicted with long hair. I'm not sure what the custom would have been in those times or if that depiction is even based on anything. But even assuming men having long hair was acceptable in Biblical times, at some point it became socially unacceptable in parts of the West.

16. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    Example of bigot …

“Hmm, a man lopping off his pee-pee and pretending to be a woman ? I don’t think I agree with that.”

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    There’s homosexuality. Which I’m not sure there is (yet) medical explanation for. Doesn’t mean there isn’t one.

There’s transgenderism, which I think in many cases has obviously detectable hormonal or physical differences, not always just mental or inexplicable.

The drag queen/cross dressing stuff seems in a different category to me than the above. Even if there’s definitely some crossover. I could see it as an outlet for a closeted or repressed gay, for example. That would be my theory here given this guy’s roles in the church and politics.

18. scaliasghost

scaliasghost Recruit

Nov 7, 2023
    Still trolling huh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Yeah...no.

Just. Plain. Wrong.

Diagnosis

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR)1 provides for one overarching diagnosis of gender dysphoria with separate specific criteria for children and for adolescents and adults.

The DSM-5-TR defines gender dysphoria in adolescents and adults as a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and their assigned gender, lasting at least 6 months, as manifested by at least two of the following:

• A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipated secondary sex characteristics)
    • A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics because of a marked incongruence with one’s experienced/expressed gender (or in young adolescents, a desire to prevent the development of the anticipated secondary sex characteristics)
    • A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender
    • A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender)
    • A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender)
    • A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender)
    What is Gender Dysphoria?

Used to be a diagnosis for homosexuality too, until the APA was pirated by the gay lobby.

But hey, as with all things Lefty...

Politics > everything else.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. scaliasghost

scaliasghost Recruit

Nov 7, 2023
    The above post is garbage.

Gays are born gay. End of story.

But the bigots will tell you otherwise because...well...bigot human trash