Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Ahmad Black after the LSU game.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by twodaparty, Oct 16, 2022.

1. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    Defensive recruits that are attending multiple games are seeing progress and player development even if we (fans) can't see it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. gatorpower

gatorpower GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    And they are a top 5 team? Let's you know there are some deficiencies that can be masked over.... usually with an explosive offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, they are outscoring teams much like the old Big-12 teams that their head coach was a part of.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
  5. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    We got a few coaches he's who came from the "all offense -no defense " conferences of Pac12 and big 12. Mike leach, lane kiffin, Josh heupel , whether we like it or not have added a offensive dynamic to this conference we all figured Jimbo and A&M would bring but have yet to even come close. I like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I would like it better if the Gators were part of it. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    This!

3 man front takes a lot of big bodies that we don’t have. Big Money, Marcus Stroud, John Henderson types.

Takes bigger LBs too. Wonder why they chose it?

8. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Yeah - what does he know about football? He's got to realize what our brilliant fan base is saying.

• Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    We would have tied the game in my opinion if it weren't for that ridiculous penalty. To be in that position with the way the defense was playing is a positive.The coaches get a chance to fix this but they need to fix it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    Yep - they'll lay low if we get better but slither out of their holes whenever things go sour.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    A lot of that is due to the way we played them on their home field.

12. benheb

benheb GC Hall of Fame

Feb 2, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    I dont understand what the hell you're saying. The point is that Saban had a very poor first season. What about that comparison don't folks get? He won a natty makes the comparison even more relevant. The point is there can be hiccups in the first year so don't chit yourself. Seems obvious to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. 31g8r

31g8r GC Hall of Fame

Oct 20, 2013
    This shows while not flashy generally, the offense is productive and could be much more with a QB able to distribute the at a 65% plus comp rate

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. your_perfect_enemy

your_perfect_enemy GC Hall of Fame

Apr 7, 2010
    Definitely agree, there are no moral victories, but when we went down 17 to UT, I thought we were about to get boat raced and same when we went down 21 to LSU. Definitely encouraging not to see our guys roll over and quit, just need to work on having that urgency for 4 quarters.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    The point is that Saban already had a great track record of building a winning SEC program.
    Napier does not, som much has been made about his “process” because it in some ways mirror Saban’s and he coached under Saban(big deal).
    He also coached under Dabo as an OC and was canned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    I agree. Look at Appalachian State. Nobody will be able to convince me that they're talent is better than UF, yet they can go to TAM and beat them. Most people don't think UF can win that game even though TAM is really not that good.

I'm not in the "fire coaches camp." I however suggested that CBN hire good experienced DC & OC as co DC/OC 4 games ago to help the team. I mean, if he's allowed to hire an army of coaches, why can't he hire 2 more?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don't want him fired either, but getting a guy like Geoff Collins to come in as a quality control guy couldn't hurt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

This is an absurd post. You’re comparing a coach in his first P5 gig to a legend who joined Bama after 9 years at the P5 level (including a MNC) and even a stint in the NFL. You have no point.

We need help on Defense in the worst way, and I also think CBN needs an OC to call plays — but what you’re claiming to be a “point” regarding CBN is beyond ridiculous. Channel your focus into something purposeful instead of ignoring the clear positives Napier brings to our program and trashing him because he’s not Nick Saban.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    I'm not trashing Napier because he isn't Saban, I'm calling into question on why he is so esteemed with such a small sample size.
    Many make such hay about how they love his process, and that he learned from Saban. Lots of coaches were under Saban and haven't done crap. Seems like Napier is getting a huge boost because of his prior boss (and ignoring the fact that Dabo fired him from being OC)

So yeah, I'm comparing a P5 guy in his first gig and not getting all a twitter like some because of one dude he worked under.
    As far as clear positives, other than a ton of talk on the podium what are they?

I sure as hell hope he is the guy. I'm sick of seeing what UF has become over the last 12 years, but I'll not join in blindly and cheerlead for a dude with a thin resume.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    I bet half those players aren’t even here anymore. That’s one the problem with Mullen’s classes….they always transferred out