Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

A Mike Farrell Sports Columnist Said Gators would be better off if Dan Mullen was still here

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by PlantationGator, Dec 22, 2023.

1. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    You just aren't getting it, are you? Go read my post. I never once said I agreed with that tool. I just quoted what I heard him saying on ESPN radio on some long interview they had with him after signing day. Just adding context and information to the thread, not taking a position, certainly not Mike Farrell's position. But I don't need you telling me how or what I should post. Disagree with my opinions all you want, you won't be the first, but maybe find something better to do than try to police other people's speech on a stupid spurts message board, especially when it isn't even an opinion.

2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Dude, back slowly away from the keyboard and take a deep breath. May I suggest a sativa gummy?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    I would offer up Doug dickey as the biggest disappointment. Ex Gator player who had won an sec title at UT. Had a couple good teams but a ton of wasted talent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    No Josh Cody votes? :D

5. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Damn man, had to look that name up. I'm old, but had never heard of him. :eek:

6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Essentially what everybody else with a brain would do if they wanted to be gone and still collect their severance. The only reason people like you continue to bash Mullen is to provide cover for Napier’s ineptitude. He left him with the #4 pick in the draft for chrissakes.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 5
  7. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Lmao and where was the #4 draft pick sitting when Mullen was here? What did Mullen get out of Richardson?

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. gator_lyn

gator_lyn All American

Oct 28, 2017
    Maybe he meant “Peak Dan Mullen”,

Not Lazy-Unmotivated Dan Mullen

9. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    You keep moving the goal posts. You can’t say Mullen destroyed Napier’s chances of success when he leaves him with “the best pure athlete in the draft.” And when Napier recruits a #4 draft pick, let us all know. I know Napier had us ranked #3 in the team recruiting rankings for the 2024 class and everybody was pumping that. Have you looked? We have dropped to #16. We have talented players entering the portal.

Was Mullen awesome? No, he wasn’t. But he was a major upgrade over Napier. Look at their recruiting classes here. It’s not even close. The fact Richardson didn’t play much under Mullen matters very little. I’d rather have Richardson on the bench than playing for Georgia.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Moving goal posts? That's you. Mullen was a great play caller. That's it. Nothing more. And even with that said, Mullen took a team with Trask, and company and still lost to mediocre teams like lsu and aTm. Once again, this coach that is so much better than Napier still finished with a losing record in year 4. His team. His recruits. His program. Why do you believe he would turn it around when his record trended down for four years?

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    We could offer all the NIL in the world, but if administration isn't on board money can also mean absolutely nothing.

12. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    The BIU section has to be one of thee worst takes of 2023 on this site.

Dan's recruiting was so hot garbage how many started for UF this year? How many left via the portal the last 2yrs? Where did they go? How many qualified academically? If Mullen could even recruit half assed CBN isn't forced to play 15+ TFR this year, or the departed would be on playoff worthy teams. How many wins did Mullen get with his own recruits? If Mullen is such an "upgrade", why hasn't ANY college football AD'S thrown an empty checkbook at him?? Heck..... the way you talk him up he should be an NFL HC right now leading his teams to unprecedented success...... and your ONLY path to Mullen is Richardson was the #4 pick in the draft while Dan himself kept him on the bench for a QB that has left 3 different schools.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    You’re a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Quite possibly the most uninformed and out of touch post I’ve read this week. And that’s pretty high bar on here. You can’t possibly believe any of this.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1