Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

86 Man Roster as of 12/22/23: Who's on it? Update: 1/21- Roster Now at 85. Complete Roster Post #73

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Donzo, Dec 22, 2023.

1. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Agreed. Disappointing for sure. I wonder if there will be any consequences like less playing time if they don't get those numbers down. Jackson can easily drop down by August but Watson has a long row to hoe to get that weight down to his freshman numbers.

2. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Both of those guys can plug the middle but the weight they were at definitely impacted their quickness and their pass rushing wasn't great before they gained weight. Both of those guys should be playing at ~ 325-330. George was way to fat last year. Gaining weight at this point is nothing but a negative for him.

3. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Forget football, if Watson keeps expanding at that rate, his post-sports life is going to be difficult and short. No one can carry that much weight and maintain any degree of health for long.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Donzo

Donzo GC Hall of Fame

May 20, 2008
    Good idea. Someone posted something already. We can also find the info on UF's athletic site, too.

2024 Football Roster - Florida Gators

Just go to menu and click on football roster. On the top row click on the CL (class) column. It'll list list it from Fr on down or Gr./R-Sr on down... Intersting only one Gr. this year- Joey Slackman.
    upload_2024-3-10_8-39-57.png

upload_2024-3-10_8-38-7.png

5. Donzo

Donzo GC Hall of Fame

May 20, 2008
    "aren't a ringing endorsement of a high functioning weight training program:"

How so?

Please detail how those four players 100% followed UF's weight traing program and ended up at thsose listed weights.

6. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    You should read a little more Gator news....the staffing for the off-season conditioning and weight training area has been a revolving door right in the middle of off-season training. Surely each player is given specific goals to meet. Can you tell me that the 4 players I listed met their goals? I think not. Somehow they are not being motivated in a way that has resulted in positive results. At least two of them are being counted on as key cogs for next season.

There is one more off-season training session between Spring Practice and the start of Fall drills. Lets hope that they can be "motivated" to get into actual football shape between now and then.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024