Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

5* CB Desmond Ricks down to UF, LSU, and Bama. Commitment date 12/23/22

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by bobbybaker86, Oct 22, 2022.

1. Eggy21

Eggy21 GC Legend

Dec 8, 2010
    Westerly, RI
    There’s no explanation at how we got *so* much buzz off the OV weekend two weeks ago and ended up with literally nothing to show for it. Is this staff just bad at feeling out these recruitments and are stupidly gullible or is the incompetence coming from above them?

Personally, I lead towards our NIL being a disorganized joke (looking at you, Eddie), but I can’t let Napier slide here. You can’t go o-fer down the stretch, no matter what.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  2. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    (Miami has entered the chat)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  3. willymayshayes

willymayshayes GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Beginning to think this is the case as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ddrew91

ddrew91 All American

Dec 14, 2020
    Why do y’all keep doing this to yourselves? Y’all know what it is. What kid in our class looks like they were looking for the biggest bag? Rashada? I’m sure his NIL is much higher than anyone else in the class. But we don’t have a single qb on the roster that could complain about him coming in making more money. At any other position you “could argue” that some players would get pissy over a true freshman coming in making more money than them and would cause all sorts of rifts with team chemistry. Why do y’all think A&M had all of those true freshman getting all those snaps even with their prior success in recruiting? My guess is they had no choice because of the amount of money their freshman class was making off of NIL. Miami will run into the same issue. The only people that won’t have these problems are the teams that have had complete institutional buy in and been dropping bags for years. (You know who.) so stop clowning CBN when y’all know what this is. Just be patient and see how these next couple of years play out. Or we’ll be back to square one. The administration is not going to drop money for a big name coach. They never have.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    Same as Dumbo, last year. Let’s hope for the same results.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    TLDR

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Damn what class by Alabama, again!

8. Tolbert1906

Tolbert1906 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    Ok, forget what I said.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. ddrew91

ddrew91 All American

Dec 14, 2020
    Sums up what’s wrong with most of yall

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. upstategator

upstategator GC Legend

Nov 1, 2017
    Hope it gets better for you. Bigger things…

• Like Like x 1
  11. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    $$$

12. g8rnc

g8rnc All American

May 13, 2015
    It seems pretty obvious to me that some part of our organization is not willing to spend the amount needed to bring in the guys in the top 50. Those guys probably are on another level as far as NIL or just straight up pay to play. Recruits love what we are selling but then the top 50 players get scooped up the last days by the schools that are paying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    “Ricks is the 15th top 100 player to commit to Alabama during the recruiting cycle. Every player in coach Nick Saban's Class except kicker Conor Talty -- the second-ranked kicker in the country -- are either four- or five-star prospects. Alabama's class is currently the second-best recruiting class in the history of the 247Sports rankings behind only Texas A&M's class last cycle.”

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    The part of the organization that isn't willing to spend the amount needed is you, me, and our fan base. It's just not there to go to the next level

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Tolbert1906

Tolbert1906 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    United States
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. EbSaxman

EbSaxman GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    I know recruiting and NIL and tell that seems really important. But end of day I’m just getting bored with college football and watching a small handful of teams drop massive money to buy teams. Honestly I doubt I’ll bother paying much attention to college football next season. It’s just not fun anymore.

Best of ‘luck’ to Alabama and Georgia next year. Maybe I’ll tune in to the championship next year to see which one wins. Didn’t renew my season tickets for next year. It’s just … getting old and boring.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Nil and two record classes in a row. It’s always been bought but this is getting really top heavy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Completely unsurprising. Lack if any meaningful regulation of the sport is the death knell of college sports. Where are the teams that NIL was supposed to level the playing field for? Right where they always were.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. tegator80

tegator80 GC Hall of Fame

May 29, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Easy to say during the off-season, but your take is what is going to be a serious part of the future. What to do with the knowledge the game has changed to a profession and not a game of passionate students (in our minds). And as I posted before, what we see today is a bidding war and the winners/losers. What we have not seen yet is 1) the fans realizing they are buying a team and are allowed to boo them when they aren't getting a return on investment and 2) kids getting cut. This isn't a Horn of Plenty (although we may be WAY away from finding our limitations) and we WILL have to come to grips with financial reality.

Well, we will. Bama and UGa may never. Once everyone is in the game, the Battle Royal isn't so much who is standing in the end as much as what will they have in the end. Financial (and moral) bankruptcy is at the end of the road. But again, that is WAY away.

20. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I agree and to be brutally frank use UF sports as my particular escape mechanism from the rigors of American Capatalism, Politics, and an unsure Environmental Future.

The innocence and ideal of identifying with amateur sports vis a vie UF has been diluted and polluted with the very crap I am trying to take a break from.

We will see many football programs eliminated due to lack of financial capability with the ones remaining being some quasi wall street stock market auction entities.