Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

4 years into the Hunter Biden investigation, and…

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by WarDamnGator, Jul 20, 2022.

1. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It appears they are considering charges that he committed some tax violations and may have not disclosed he had a drug abuse problem on a form to purchase a fire arm…

Heavy stuff…

But if he broke the law he should pay the price, just like anyone else… but it doesn’t look like he is the ring leader of an international money laundering or political influence scam the righties claimed he was…

Federal investigation of Hunter Biden reaches critical juncture, sources say - CNNPolitics

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Agree, if he broke the law prosecute, judicate and/or move on.
    Regardless, I have no doubt that in 6 months assuming the trumpsters take the House, McCarthy will have a special prosecutor hot on the case, digging thru every dumpster. Giuliani will even resurface out of his hole.
    Great times to be a DC attorney, maybe even disbarred ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hold him accountable as the law allows. He will still be a maga bogey man for years to come no matter what.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. vaxcardinal

vaxcardinal GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Kamala will just pardon him

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    In all fairness it’s never been about hunter and crimes. Couldn’t care less what he injects, or snorts nor where he puts his di_k. It’s about the pay for access. I’m just a simpleton, but of all the companies in all the world he can choose to apply his degree from Yale he makes his money from China, Russia and Ukraine as a consultant. Not an engineer. Not a financial analyst. Not BMW or any German company. Not a mutlinational like airbus. Australia nope. Canada nope. Sweden nope. Stay domestic and go Silicon Valley. Nope. No, his Yale degree pulled in consulting contracts for oil and gas from Russia and Ukraine and banking and investments from China. Guy clearly has a good head hunter working for him to get these job placements. I got no beef with him and hookers and drugs. That’s for him to figure out. If they were being honest, Nobody on here would let him walk their dog or water their plants when they were town for a weekend. Please don’t tell me this out of control addict Provided a dollar of value to any company other than pay for access/favor

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
    • Best Post Ever x 1
  6. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    Wonderful how fair you all are......Yeah prosecute him so daddy can pardon him.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    versus what? Don't prosecute him so you can bitch about that?
    If he broke the law, charge him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  8. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    One thing for sure, Hunter won't be cutting any deals of testifying against others to lighten his sentence, he knows he doesn't have to. You friends of daddy are safe.

9. WC53

WC53 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 17, 2015
    Old City
    So I agree with you, but
    Look at the number of Retired Generals, Dept Heads, etc, that are doin “consulting” work for foreign entities. Current lawmakers?

The number of folks bought and paid for my foreign influence operations is mind boggling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Has anybody ever determined exactly how MAGA came into possession of his laptop? I seriously doubt he dropped off his laptop for repair and just forgot about it. Doesn't pass the straight face test. Not that it matters, just curious

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I don’t think any of his work was “consulting”. He had a board seat. He got that board seat because his firm invested 8 or 9 figures. Does H Biden really “add value”? No, of course not.

He was just there keeping the seat warm representing his firm. Then again most people in those positions don’t add value. Many are there basically for name recognition only, and they will vote on board matters the way their firm wants them to vote. It’s practically a no show job. Can say the same for most CEO’s for that matter, only a select few hired guns truly add value. A lot are actually net negative to shareholders given their crazy compensation, yet because of how the system works “shareholders” can rarely force these guys out because the shares are largely controlled institutionally. It can’t just be a popular tide that ousts them, they have to piss off the institutional shareholders as well.

Is there anything illegal about these type of board seat arrangements? Most likely not. It’s not even unusual. Boards are littered with politicians, former CEO’s, celebrities, etc. These aren’t “jobs” in a traditional sense. That’s the way our system pretty much works. So unless there was something policy wise that was linked to this (by policy I mean actual U.S. government policy), most likely there was never going to be anything relevant to that. I do remember thinking with this guys issues, I wouldn’t have been shocked if he messed up his taxes, even the millions of dollars of payments.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I know how those board members work. My dad's company had an ex-governor and an ex-senator on their board of directors. I don't think those guys did much of anything except occasional political favors.....I learned in 1969 as an 18 year old traveling Europe when I lost my passport in Paris. A phone call to dad and within 24 hrs a limo pulled up in front of the motel I was staying in with a brand new passport. This was before fax machines, I'm sure there were a few political favors called on for that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  13. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Hunter is not in the government. He apparently hasn’t broken any laws related to the government. He’s a dude with problems that the right likes to exploit for the visceral fun of it. Awesome. Good work men.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    He never provided any value to those nations/oligarchs. Including access or influence. That’s always been obvious. And that’s always been the only possible point. On that we agree. Which is why it’s all so stupid.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Did you drafted for the Vietnam War?

16. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    I became draft age the first year of the draft lottery. My lottery number was 330. 330 of 365 numbers. They would have never got to me. My brothers number was 24 he would have gone for sure but like Trump & Biden he got a medical deferment. Maybe he should run for POTUS.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I can’t imagine what that whole process was like. Life is pretty short. I was curious how much power and influence existed to get their kids out of low draft numbers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. carpeveritas

carpeveritas GC Hall of Fame

Dec 31, 2016
    The bigger question is President Biden's involvement in Hunter's relations with Ukraine and China. There is no doubt that President Biden knew exactly what was going on given the recent revelations of payments and Hunter's lap top.

For those that want the background of what has transpired
    Where Is the Money Coming From?
    Rich and Andy discuss the latest on Hunter Biden and the January 6th Committee.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I have said the same in numerous other posts. While I think that the files supposedly found on Hunter's laptop are genuine including the unflattering photos of Hunter messed up on cocaine as well as the emails between Hunter and various questionable characters, I think they were most likely obtained through hacking. As I said in the other posts it just doesn't make sense that Hunter would have dropped his laptop at a computer repair shop in Wilmington, Delaware more than six months after he moved from Delaware to Los Angeles.

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Hunter may have violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). Other than that it doesn't seem that he was guilty of any crimes. What he probably did was con foreign interests into thinking that he could influence policy through his father. Absolutely no evidence that Hunter was ever actually able to do so. There's always the communication in which Hunter said that he would introduce a Chinese businessman to the "big guy" implicitly Joe Biden. Not sure what the real relevance of the introduction, whether or not it actually took place considering that in 2017 Joe Biden had absolutely no influence on government policy since the guy with the orange complexion was in the White House at the time and both the House and Senate had Republican majorities.