Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

250 pubs in Congress for midterm elections?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by back2back2006, Aug 13, 2022.

1. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    One more Republican seat that the party may lose. Previously mentioned as speculation, now there is a recent poll from a very credible pollster.
    https://law.marquette.edu/poll/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/MLSP71PressRelease.pdf

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Latest polls in Arizona has Kelly on average +10 over Masters, with some polls as high as +14. That's a lot of ground to make up in a short time. Mail in ballots will start hitting Mailboxes 27 days before election day.

And just FYI, for Governor, Hobbs has a 7-point lead over uber-Trump supporter Lake. Lots of undecided voters still out there for this race. But I expect a number of the Kelly for Senate voters who are undecided for Governor will swing Hobbs' way. It's the ABT (Anyone But Trump) response in my opinion.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    I can easily see the Dems flipping Wisconsin, PA and Ohio and not losing any seats. That would put them at 53. Would be awesome if Demmings could beat Rubio, but that might be too much to ask. If the Repubs take the House, not much will get done legislatively the next 2 years but Dems will at least be able to get judges through. And if the Repubs take the house, they will spend the next 2 years making idiots of themselves trying to impeach Biden, which will only hurt Repubs in 2024.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Will there be paper ballots and hand counts everywhere? If not, a long video is a waste of time.