Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2025 roster projection

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by jdgator, Apr 9, 2024.

1. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Clemson redshirt sophomore right-hander Billy Barlow has announced his entry into the transfer portal.

The 2024 team captain went 6-1 with a 4.28 ERA over 15 appearances this season, totaling 42 strikeouts to 20 walks.

The North Myrtle Beach product played a role as a midweek starter and reliever for much of the season, last appearing in Sunday's season finale versus Florida (0.2 innings pitched/1 strikeout/2 walks).

He posted a message to Clemson late Tuesday night.

"Thank you Clemson friends and fans for the years I have spent here. You are the best and I will never forget you. I have decided to enter the transfer portal. Much love!" Barlow said.

Barlow made a career-high 17 appearances as a freshman, going 2-4 with a 4.84 ERA. He took a medical redshirt in the 2023 season.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  2. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Like this addition.....should fill that Jameson role of long relief/midweek starter

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I was hoping for a second arm from the portal that could fill multiple roles and this seems to be a good fit. Whether either of our two portal arms can turn pro or not, they give us a chance to grow the options Sully has for next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. jdgator

jdgator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Cade Fisher has entered the portal

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Some team is going to see the potential that we never saw on the field and draft him in a position where it will be a tough decision for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    It would be interesting to hear what Cade would have to say about his excellent freshman year and what he perceices happened this past year. Hate to see him go, as he has a lot of talent and potential.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Definitely one lefty needed.

8. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    One can argue (meaning I can argue) this tidbit fits with the 2025 roster discussion.

D1Baseball has started the talking season with their writers' guesses for the 2025 CWS teams. I see the lists as a combination of each writer's recognition of the top programs and their favorites among lesser programs that allow them to claim top analysis skills if the teams luck out and get in. Ten writers made predictions, no seeding, just eight teams from each writer. The list is the number of writers who picked each program to make the 2025 CWS.

THE [WAY TOO EARLY] COUNT
    10 – LSU
    9 – Florida
    7 – Clemson • Texas A&M
    6 – Florida State • Tennessee
    4 – Arkansas • North Carolina
    3 – Duke • Stanford • UC Santa Barbara
    2 – Georgia • Kentucky • Oklahoma State • Oregon • TCU • Virginia
    1 – Arizona • East Carolina • Mississippi State • NC State • Oklahoma • Vanderbilt

While some posters consider Gator baseball to have horrible players and incompetent coaches, national media recognize Gators- and LSU- as locks for the CWS year in and year out. BTW fans can do their part in keeping the Gators at such a high level by making NIL contributions.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl
    @TheBoss

Again you have valid points throughout your post. I especially like the one “THE [WAY TOO EARLY] COUNT….;)