Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2025 roster projection

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by jdgator, Apr 9, 2024.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    I like your comments, but it's far too soon to leave anyone out of the position competition. I agree that Kurland, Shelton, Evans and Heyman already have shown they can win a position, but all four have performed relatively poorly at times. Jones does sound promising, but in the one scrimmage I've attended, I couldn't spot #3 in either dugout or in the post game huddle. Yost's brief spurt late last season certainly earned a shot when he returns. While Brookens looks super when he steps to the plate, his hitting was awful, but he had a couple of good swings Saturday, including a hard double to the wall.

I'm repeating my most common assertion from last year that most positions will be filled by guys who get hits. No one has secured a position yet. Even the best returnees will be sent to the bench if they don't hit. I'm blindly optimistic that the offense will improve next season. In 2024, there were several offensive failures from players with histories of decent hitting. Of the returnees in 2024, only Cags and Evans improved from past performance. I can't help feeling offense will be good in 2025.

It's too early to say much about pitching, other than there have been too many walks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1