Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2024 QB DJ Lagway

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by royalewitcheesee, Sep 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Yeah,
    tamu broke my heart. I told my son that game, that NO WAY, UF sniffs an SEC or Playoff title. Not with that defense.

Like the rest of Gator Nation, it was just so frustrating. Dan should have fired 3rd and Grantham at the end of 2019. I don't know how much a new D coordinator would have changed the situation, but under Grantham we were doomed.

It just sucked, Dan had a championship offense and it was wasted.

Oh well, spilled milk...........

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    I get the frustration but there wasn’t much there in 2019 to cut him loose after the season. We still had a top 30 defense, a top 20 scoring defense and just finished 11-2, with a 7 point loss to UGA and another to LSU’s record breaking offense but still managed to make it a game.

2020 was when it really fell apart. The drop off was staggering.

3. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    True. 2020 was when Gator Nation knew that the Mullen era would not meet expectations.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    10 years ago people thought I was ridiculous predicting $10mil+ coach salaries within 10 years.

How high will player salaries go? No prediction here yet but the free market in capitalism is a crazy thing sometimes. And proven college players with a couple of years under their belts who are productive, good teammates and leaders should get 100 times what a HS recruit gets in my book.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    *raises hand*

Sholl did

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    And greenard nor Zuniga played against LSU I believe. We were without our top 2 pass rushers against Burrow. While it being a one score game until the very end. I think About that too often lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. gatortenor37

gatortenor37 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 29, 2016
    Arkansas
    Hope he chooses us today. It is big to get a QB early so they can build their team. This kid is dynamic enough to get some ballers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Gatorhead

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I like every piece of information that comes out about this kid.
    Seems very "Bryce Young" to me. Great attitude, classy, understands the importance of the position, willing to help "build" a recruitng class, invested in the community.

Don't get me wrong, Im like Rashada too. I'm just happy that the Gators have Rashada (at least I think they do) and DJ looks like he might be a Gator as well.

No knock on the existing QB room but as we all know "Talent Aquisition" is a key fundamental to future team growth and development. If we pick up DJ, I am feeling pretty positive about the QB room going forward.

Obviously we need some transfer portal help for 2023 but maybe Rashada "busts out".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. royalewitcheesee

royalewitcheesee All American

Nov 20, 2016
    The best thing I like about DJ, aside from his obvious good football skills is the type of guy he is. He's not a ME guy at all and seems very mature for this part of his life. He would be the perfect fit and type of character we need to lead this team.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. royalewitcheesee

royalewitcheesee All American

Nov 20, 2016
    Haha we had the same thoughts at the same time, except yours were much better explained than mine. Great minds!

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. StrangeGator

StrangeGator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Chicago
    Wondering what effect he might have on the '23 class. Might just assure the Gators of keeping the WRs who are already committed. I do see quite a few highly ranked WRs from Texas in the '24 class. Four star WR Zion Kearney plays for the same school Caleb Douglas played for.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    The fiasco in the fog was a stake through the heart.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    On3 saying Riley was the last coach to visit him and Usc is moving up....:confused:

14. gatorvargas

gatorvargas Sophomore

Nov 26, 2022
    Yep.

15. lizardbreath

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I've seen two sites predicting that USC would flip him. I suppose we'll find out in a few hours who's right and who's been blowing smoke. After all, Dec 7 has been full of surprises for some time now.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE...

pearl.jpg .

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. SJB612

SJB612 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    I can't figure out how Gainesville could compete with the LA market in terms of NIL. Just doesn't seem like the kind of school we want to go head-to-head against for a QB, not to mention Riley products Heisman Trophy winners and NFL QBs on a near yearly basis.

17. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    And at last check USC sources saying he’s a Gator.

We’ll know soon ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola
    Meh on moving up. They were probably 2nd behind UF anyways if kit 3rd behind aTm. Doubt USC made that big of a splash to change his mind this late in his process, with one visit and a last min visit. Pretty sure he’s playing two spots and UF baseball is even better than USC baseball.

This might worry me if it was next year and his decision was final. He’ll pick where he’s felt most comfortable and if we implode next year, he may reconsider, but not until then, IMO.

USC doesn’t feel like “family” over UF.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. lizardbreath

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    You're not the only one who's drawn that exact same conclusion. We have a lot to offer as well, but tinsel town has some things going for it that can't be found anywhere else. Que sera sera.

20. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola

You sure you’re not a USC fan? ;) Not every kid cares about Money vs competition and the coaches coaching him. Otherwise Riley would get ALL the QBs himself. He’s not the only good coach. Billy has had one year at a power 5 school and AR will be a 1st round pick, after playing in a new offense. William didn’t win it the year in an easier conference.

We could just call it talent, as Murray is tearing up the NFL still.

Maybe Baker just had the right talent around him, his year.

Some think Billy can’t coach a possible Hesiman QB. Pretty sure AR was in the discussion at one time. I think he became selfish cause his 1st round talk and he didn’t want to run, so not to get hurt.

LA market? yes, but don’t forget Gator Nation. We’re everywhere compared to most. Filling up our stadium most Saturday’s proves this, as Gainesville alone doesn’t do it.

give us some credit.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.