Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

[2023] Players Entering The Portal

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by gatormonk, Nov 29, 2023.

1. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    All about the payday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Just saw Jacorey Brooks to Louisville. I’m sure we will hear there’s a reason we didn’t want an Alabama receiver.

3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    BS.... it was $$$$$$$$$$$$ issue.

4. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, I can see it now. Every time ETN is in the backfield on an obvious pass play the defense blitzes and their QB gets sacked or worse... hurt. If he can't learn to block better he will have to change positions in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Mertz knows what ETN can and cannot do.. He's felt the pain that comes with ETN blocking on pass plays.

On a happy note, we know that when we play UGA next year that if ETN is in the backfield then it's a run play or a quick pass becasue there's no way UGA lets ETN get their QB killed on a long developing pass play.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Did they leave for more money?

7. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Two things, none of those other players left to go to UGA, and second I do not have to "respect" any one that plays for UGA... nor will I ever...

ETN going to that particular school is the main point and we should leave out all players that are transferring to schools not named UGA.

Transferring to UGA is my point of contention... and ETN is the only one to do that so far.

8. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. bobbybaker86

bobbybaker86 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 4, 2017
    were any of them good enough to go to UGA?

And that can be your point of contention about him going to UGA, doesn't make my question that I posed any less relevant

10. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    That's another thing... he is very good, and he will now help the enemy in football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    man anyone that doesn't play for UF is the enemy. That's how I view it. I don't care if he went to UGA or Central Michigan, it's UF vs Everyone. I get your drift but again, that still doesn't mean that our transfers, according to the logic used in the original debate, aren't quitters themselves since they left other schools to come to UF. You can't call guys leaving UF quitters but not do it when we get incoming kids from the portal.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    Yeah, but they are our biggest rival and we play them next year... the optics... the disrespect to our football program and all then BS that these prognosticates will talk about. Talk about The Gators in a negative way will make me noxious... before we even play them in Jacksonville next season.

And one more thing... we are NOT a feeder program. But if we can't right the ship this year... I don't know what to think about our feckless UAA and our AD.

How many wins do you think Napier needs next season to keep coaching in Gainesville?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bobbybaker86

Sep 4, 2017
    Man I keep wrestling with your last question but I can't see any confidence with the future with anything less than 8+ wins next year. Anything less, and you can kiss the 2025 class, which sadly only sits at one recruit at this time, goodbye.

We've been through toooo much the last two seasons imo to see a "small" jump next year, we need a HUGE one. I still think that Vandy game from 2022 threw off what should have been UF going into this past season as a 7-8 win team and Billy having a bit more leeway than he did coming into the year as a 6 win team. He HAS to win that Miami game, HAS to and we HAVE to be prepared. The way we looked against Utah to open the season, flat and unprepared, was alarming. He has to find fire to get this team up every week.

What you thinking win wise next year that he needs to hit to keep his job?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    The schedule is one of the toughest in the nation but we still have to show out in these games. I think it all stars with the players we have on our team after all the BS portal potty crap comes out. If we end up with the players in the positions that we desperately need than that is an added plus. Our offense (with an improved O-line) will be much improved in the skill positions even with the loss or ETN.

We need to completely overhaul our special teams... but it's not impossible to do.

The one part of our game that will make or break our season next year is the defense. If we can fix that and be the teams that The Gators of past glory have been than I feel good about our chances to be a respectable team.

I think if we keep games close and we win 9 games I can live with that. If we win only 8 games it has to be to the best schools and they games have to be competitive for me to fell like we're turning a corner with this coaching staff.

I'd love to win all of our home games but we have LSU and Ole Miss at home... I just the fans do their part to help put us over the top.

Speaking of schedule... our sucks but we have 7 home games and only on cupcake on that list of home games. I like that part of the schedule.

15. ncgator015

ncgator015 Senior

Jun 23, 2022
    Well said. I don't post often but these apologists for BN need an introduction to the real world. I posted BEFORE the season that he should hire a OC and a special teams coach. His OL coaches are mediocre and can't recruit. His transfer portal recruiting has been weak. If he would have won two more games this past season, i would have given him a flyer. But the poor coaching (especially that stupid reverse call against FSU) has put him on the hot seat. Poor portal recruiting (so far, so bad) is a bad omen for the upcoming season.

16. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Napier has to win 7 to 8 games playing the toughest schedule in the SEC. Another 6-6 to sub .500 year will bring an end to the Napier era.

Sadly, I don't think he can do it. SOS he is not. He MUST hire a very good OC. Napier is on the path to be the next Zooker who left the shelf full for the next guy to win with. I hope I'm wrong, happily will eat crow. CBN is doing everything right with the program except putting up the wins necessary to be HC with UF. Gator Nation will not tolerate a losing head coach.

17. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Legend

Mar 17, 2019
    To me 10 wins just like Norvell did at FSU. I don't want to hear the excuses that they play in the ACC. Heck, they played LSU both times on the road and beat them.
    CBN and staff are supposed to be better recruiters. Well, we should see these good players in his 3rd year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. carolinagator_772

carolinagator_772 Senior

Jan 2, 2021
    You must be smoking crack. There is no way possible that you can look at the upcoming schedule and find 10 wins. Please call them out for me?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. thom1507

thom1507 All American

Oct 13, 2019
    Schedule has to be taken in consideration for year 3. It’s just ignorance to dismiss it. FSU’s schedule was mid 50’s this year. Had Bama not played Tx this year, they'd be undefeated. Schedule does matter in W-L.

We had a good shot at 8 wins this year and we had way more questions going into the season. 8 wins next year would indicate we are starting to turn the corner. I do expect to be challenging for 10 wins + in year 4 with the playoff berth a possibility. That's just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  20. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    8 Wins in 2024 would be miraculous....I'm just hoping we don't have 8 losses.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1