Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(19) Colorado at (10) Oregon, Sat. at 3:30pm on ABC

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Sep 22, 2023.

1. gbranton

gbranton GC Legend

Sep 3, 2023
    Huntsville, AL
    I don’t have anything to offer regarding the subject of this tread, I just stopped by to say Steve Spurrier is a national treasure.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I just can’t stand him and I ferusevto even bet for free on fsu here. I just can do it. I don’t bet against our boys for free either. I’m not hard to figure out.

3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And no one outside of UF liked him much either. Should we come to his revue to save his soft persona. I doubt it.

4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    And the other teams fans are welcome to hate his freaking guts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Pretty much

6. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    are you high, too?

7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I saw some questionable behavior from Oregon's coach and Ohio State's coach last week. Worse than anything I've seen from Deion this year. I'm cool with people saying Deion this and Deion that, but let's keep the same energy. That Oregon coach's speech dissing Deion was planned to be made available to the public. Ryan Day acted like a fool after beating ND in the post game. Where's the outrage? There is none, because it's not a big deal, really. That's what coaches do, IMO. Oregon is probably the flashiest and click-baity program out there with the shiny neverending supply of different uniforms, the crazy basketball court, etc... You know what though... I love what Oregon does! I wish UF had some of that flashiness, but I understand it's not really compatible with our fanbase.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    There’s definitely some validity to taking the trash out and starting with a clean slate. I feel bad for many of those kids that may have just been trying to get an education but it is a business and Dion has to win to keep his job. I still like the fairy tale of building men instead of just athletes much like the military has done for three of my six boys. It is what it is.
    It seems Napier may still be cleaning house of attitudes and getting his army on the same page.

9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Nobody believes I don’t partake. They take one look at me and don’t believe it. It gives me anxiety. What some bs.

10. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    There isn't as much outrage because those guys didn't have 3 week incessant propaganda hyping them up. How is this hard to fathom? Tebow took a backlash for the same reason. Many others in the celebrity world as well.

FTR I appreciate your takes here and in too hot. The other guy not so much.

11. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Thanks. I appreciate your posts as well.

I am a huge Tebow defender and still to this day will argue with anyone over how he got a raw deal! I felt as though a lot of people disliked him because of his race... you'd hear a lot of b.s. about Tim that if he wasn't white he wouldn't have gotten so many chances. I hated when people said that, because I don't think he ever got a legitimate shot after Denver. I do feel as though race comes into a lot of situations, and I don't just say it when it's a black person affected. I strongly believe Tim was hated on (in part) due to his race and also his religion. I'm not saying those are the only reasons, but they were some of the bigger reasons.

Personally, I like @orangeblue_coop as a poster. I think a lot of people are jumping on him and mischaracterizing his posts. Just my $0.02.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. hoyt233

hoyt233 GC Hall of Fame

Aug 31, 2009
    Prattvile, AL-Go Lions!
    How can you stand that open sewer.

• Like Like x 1
  13. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    There is way too much negativity and one way argumenting over there most of the time but I pick and choose the topics I look into and mostly just observe. It's good to hear perspectives on SOME issues especially the select few that admit their bias but also offer more reasonable discourse. Very few and far apart though lol.

I avoid political candidate topics altogether because its pure vitriol from both sides.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    I see it pretty close to this. His Celebrity is driving this machine, not his coaching ability. If Taylor Swift or Cardi B got hired on to coach the team and they won 3 games everyone would likely equally be annoyed with the media on the love fest.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  15. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    What did Ryan Day do? When the media isn’t forcing it down my throat I don’t really pay attention to other teams press conferences. Which is more of a point

16. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    I commented in a text chain with a friend who is an OSU fan that Day saying no one believed in them was dumb and I'm really really tired of that trope. They were favorites, on the road, literally more than 1/2 the betting public believes in you. This every coach needs to be a martyr shtick is annoying.

Edit: And his issue with Lou Holtz was just ridiculous. It's Lou Holtz, everyone knows he is one of the largest Domer fanboys to ever live.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I must have missed the posters on this board calling for us to "clean house" and run off 71 players like Diane did. Perhaps they were there, I just didn't see them.

But nice job of setting up a strawman argument so you could shoot it down.

18. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Oops. Did Deon just admit on video he breaks NCAA rules? Not that anything would be done about it . . .

19. gatorwalrus

gatorwalrus GC Hall of Fame

Sep 24, 2022
    A straw man fallacy (sometimes written as strawman) is the informal fallacy of refuting an argument different from the one actually under discussion, while not recognizing or acknowledging the distinction.

I said posters called for Napier to "clean house" this is factually correct.

and run off 71 players like Diane did. <-- this by the definition provided above is a strawman argument.

Everything you accuse others of being you show to be true of yourself, it's laughable at this point.

20. raptor_pilot

raptor_pilot Freshman

I think Coach Prime is ok but runs his mouth way too much along with his kids. Shut up and play the game!

• Agree Agree x 1