Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

(19) Colorado at (10) Oregon, Sat. at 3:30pm on ABC

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by Bazza, Sep 22, 2023.

1. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    You misunderstood my post. The media fawns all over Deion because they view him as different than other coaches. He's different all right.

2. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I say I hate him but that’s just football talk which is all for fun. For the record, I’d feel terrible if Saban actually had a stroke and died on the sideline.

3. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Army. 24 years and counting, but no longer active duty. I’ve been a reservist for quite some time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Colorado st coach instructed his players to cheap shot . That’s total bs. I’ve never seen a video of any coach doing such a thing. Some are dirtier than others sure , but pregame logos and such seems to follow him every time. He’s loved to be in the center of controversy. It seems he goes out of his way to create it. Then plays a victim.

5. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    The other so called "low character" coaches aren't being held up by the media as God's gift to college football every single day. Deion craves attention, and he gets it--both good and bad. If he doesn't like it, maybe he should stop begging for it.

6. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    Maybe it's because even in his press conference where he was effusively gracious, it still came down to him. His statement, "You better get me now..." says it all. Not you better get us, but "You better get me now..."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    While it’s speculation that he ordered the Code Red, I don’t think that the standard of proof has to be a video evidence. That seems to be an unreasonably high bar to speculate. We aren’t talking about a court of law, here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Nor does being a poster with a blatantly re-occurring theme to pound and an unrelenting drum to beat. There's a difference between sanctity and sanctimony, between healthy discourse and idle disputation. Ciao for now.

9. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    You talking about me homie? Hopefully, that’s not your impression of me. I do say things occasionally, but I try to be balanced.

10. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Great and this week the media will be fawning over Dan Lanning for knocking off the boogeyman Deion. Like I said, the levels of Deion hate is just different. And very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Oh come on man. Deion gets three weeks of news cycles because of excitement around his program and that’s too much for people to stomach? What about the 15 year Saban lovefest? What about Kirby, what about any team that gets hot during the NCAA basketball tournament? Just stop it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    So you never saw any Gator fans blame Bobby Bowden, Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt, Les Miles etc over the years for their players delivering late hits to UF players? But when it happens to a CU player and he’s out for multiple weeks with a lacerated liver, suddenly it wasn’t a dirty play. How convenient lol

13. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    You survived the medias Nick Saban love fest ever since he got to Alabama 15 years ago…dude even has his own personal fluffer in that pencil-necked nerd Paul Finebaum on TV every day…you survived the “aw shucks, we just give the glory to God” Dabo Swiney love fest for a couple of years and you’re surviving the Kirby Smart love fest so I don’t know why 3 weeks of a Deion Sanders love fest has you all razzled. Although I have a good idea as to why.

14. UF24ou14

UF24ou14 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2009
    Unless you know their coach or are privy to anything related to the issue, that's a cheesy comment.

15. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes, for this, I agree. There are too many posers out there. It's like I feel about Hugh Freeze. I think he shares the same relationship with the Bible as Jerry Falwell Jr. and Jimmy Swaggert. But when one criticizes them, they immediately get shutdown. "Atheist!" "Religious persecution!" Circle the wagons, protect the leader.

I see the same in college coaches and national politics. Of all "stripes." Celebrity has become a form of tribalism.

I'm also intrigued by some of the Sanders upside. Most certainly: when I watch CFB sidelines, oh my goodness, do all the HC/OC/DC look "the same." It's going to take something brash to break through, and I'm rooting for that. I'm also intrigued (but skeptical) about the claims of recruiting 3.5 GPA and strong families. Plus some other things.

Still, I have criticisms. Are they allowed, without being labelled "that thing?" I worry that passion has overtaken reason (in both directions.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FranceGator

FranceGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm with you on this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. orangeblue_coop

Nov 19, 2016
    Well based on the vitriolic reaction that has solely been aimed towards him around here is he wrong?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I didn’t say it wasn’t dirty but possibly a late hit. Maybe it was dirty maybe it wasn’t. I asked the kid because only he knows I do know there was bad blood before that game so more than likely it was. I have no love lost for any of those coaches you mentioned. You just seem to want to defend Dion. Were you there defending all those other coaches?

19. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I didn’t say he did it. Personally, I don’t think he ordered the hit. Maybe he made general comments to be physical with him and other players, but I don’t think that’s the same as saying to go out there and take a cheap shot.

20. tommyvee

tommyvee GC Hall of Fame

May 16, 2007
    The honeymoon's over
    It’s midnight, Cinderella
    The fat lady’s singing her butt off