Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

10 year old rape victim can't get abortion in Ohio

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Jul 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

That isnt what I said Davis. Cmon man.
    Stop acting like extremists on both sides wont use young girls to "win".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. tilly

C'mon man, You know better and I have always been clear.

But for the 100th time from me, I support exceptions for health of mother, rape, or serious non functional fetal defects.
    (A very small percentage of the actual cases mind you.)

I find any laws that exclude these exceptions to be unacceptable.

I do not consider a woman who has an abortion to be a murderer in the sense that others do.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. tilly

I do hope that a 10 year old would be considered endangered or in compromised health due to her bodies ability to handle such trauma. I think that case could be made regardless of the time.

Regardless this law is terrible if it excludes such things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. tilly

What are you talking about? Where did I say pro life Christians didnt have abortions.

Where did I say someone was forced to terminate a pregnancy?

What are you even talking about?

I responded to another lazy attempt to label this debate as one only shared by white Christian men.

My position on abortion is actually from my mother and watching my sisters ordeal.

People of all genders, races and belief systems can and are pro-life. That is ALL I said.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    12 yo rape victim, now 21, has to share custody with her rapist, now out of prison after another rape. Threatened with contempt

A Sanilac County Circuit judge has granted parenting time and joint legal custody of an 8-year-old boy to a convicted sex offender who allegedly raped the child’s mother nine years ago.

Christopher Mirasolo, 27, of Brown City was awarded joint legal custody by Judge Gregory S. Ross after DNA testing established paternity of the child, according to the victim’s attorney, Rebecca Kiessling, who is seeking protection under the federal Rape Survivor Child Custody Act.

While the assault potentially carried a penalty of life or any term of years but not less than 25 years, Mirasolo was given a plea deal by the Sanilac County Prosecutor’s Office for attempted third-degree criminal sexual conduct.

Mirasolo was sentenced to one year in the county jail but only served six and a half months before early release so he could care for his sick mother, Kiessling said. “She (client) and her family was told first-time sex offenders weren’t sent to prison because people come out worse after they go there,” said Kiessling. In March 2010, Mirasolo committed a sex assault on a victim between the ages of 13 and 15 years old. He served only four years for that second offense, Kiessling said.

Rape victim’s attacker gets joint child custody

6. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Just about every major news source has reported on it, including conservative outlets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    When convenient.

If the story were inconvenient for the left, the lack of verification would have become THE story, and the OP dismissed accordingly.

Speaking of which....

Yo @rivergator ?

They're playing you tune...the River Dance...where's your 150 questions about the verifiability of the OP???

8. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    But you wanted roe v wade overturned right? Why exactly?

• Like Like x 1
  9. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    Wait. So the poster questioning the lack of corroborating sources for the original story will blindly quote an article that doesn't say what the poster is claiming it says? Classic

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. tilly

What are you wanting to hear that I havent said many times?

Abortion on demand as birth controll is a terrible thing imho.

Abortion options for a rape victim or to save a mothers life should be legal.

Roe wasnt that.

11. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    I’m just trying to figure out where you stand. Did you foresee things like the OP happening as a result of overly strict abortion laws passing following the overturning of Roe? And that’s ok with you in exchange for stricter abortion laws in the states that want them?

Roe also wasn’t a guarantee for abortion on demand. States were permitted to outlaw discretionary abortions starting in the third trimester while Roe stood.

12. tilly

Did I foresee the very rare event of a child being forced to have a baby? No. Of course

It shouldn't be a trade off. It should be written into the new laws.

Its like the ACA. Repeal it when you have viable replacements. Im very disappointed that after 50 years of fighting for the unborn that some solutions ended up with this.

We (pro life) have to be better prepared and do more.

This law should be changed immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PerSeGator

PerSeGator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2014
    I mean, it's not like this was a big secret. These trigger laws have been on the books for many years.

They didn't exclude situations like this for the same reason none of these states have done or will do anything to support the kids born from these forced pregnancies. It's just not about that. Maybe for you it is. But for the Republican mainstream? Nah. They couldn't care less.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I would not assume that outcomes like this one are the result of a lack of preparation from the prevailing side. I cannot think in my lifetime of a political outcome that has been more prepared for and the potential consequences more discussed. States literally passed statutes years in advance preparing for the day. That outcomes like this would inevitably occur were a primary point of discussion for years.

States like Ohio didn’t let this happen due to a lack of preparedness or imagination. And they won’t try to stop it from happening again unless forced to politically or legally. Whatever one’s individual views are, it’s time to accept that for the larger movement, at least enough to control the lawmaking, is committed to a zealous mindset that can easily tolerate this outcome in service of a larger goal, or as a goal in itself.

15. gogator7444

gogator7444 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY

16. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    FWt2jlPUIAIYe9D.jpeg

17. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    Guns is the MS Republican who on video said he was in favor of a 12 yo rape victim being made to give birth because of his "beliefs".

They've known for years. This is who they are. Also lowered marriage age. Wonder why?

Can't hide behind "we didn't know the consequences" because some laws in books decades, if not 100 yrs.

18. gogator7444

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    And once again.

download (11).jpeg

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 4
  19. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Yes, they've all shared the original story. But that's not independent verification, or even amplification.

So, as a medical professional in Ohio, you haven't heard or read anything other than the original story, either. Ok. That neither proves or disproves anything; it simply agrees with what I'm seeing, too - that is: nothing else. I appreciate your input.

20. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    Yeah good luck with changing the law. That’s exactly why roe existed in the first place. To protect women from gross government overreach.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.