Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

10 year old rape victim can't get abortion in Ohio

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Jul 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gogator7444

gogator7444 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 24, 2021
    Buffalo NY
    So this is the political bit for me.

If Republicans want to NOT be see as basically supporting rapists, belittling rape victims, being uncaring, etc. Then those in the party need to do better. I'm in neither party. But you have too many mouthpieces saying absolute disgusting garbage and voters REMEMBER that. For the die-hards it may not matter. For independent voters? For moderates? It all matters.

So ignore the label but read the quotes...because this is what gets put out there. And especially those of us who have been raped these words not only hurt but are unforgettable. And there's way too many examples out there.

FR3frI5WQAYDbmU.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    How do you feel about it? I know you’re a big pro life guy. Is this what you wanted? Is it worth it?

3. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    How about everyone mind their own business? No one is making anyone terminate a pregnancy if they don’t want to.

To add, if you don’t think “pro life” Christians have abortions, I have a bridge to sell you. Theirs was “different”

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2022
  4. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Do you really not know this?

5. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Terrible situation; and, I'll accept it as true and that they didn't find out until after the law went into effect, etc.

I'm pro-life. I would happily contribute $100 or $200 or more for this girl's expenses, travel, abortion, etc. and the mental health care required subsequently. If I was a physician I would perform the abortion in a heartbeat and let the authorities do what they will.

I remember dating a woman who told me she had had four abortions. Full stop. This was nothing serious and I ended the relationship fairly soon thereafter. Now, maybe she had been raped four times. Maybe there were extenuating circumstances; but, it turned me off. It seemed so callous and unremorseful - as in her form of birth control. People will generally default to the easiest option. Abortion for a 10 year old? No problem. 5th abortion for a 25 year old because she doesn't practice birth control? No thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Your point is a bit confusing to me because of its wording. Perhaps I’m just dense. Perhaps your point was that oppression will come at the hands of those states which decree a woman may not get an abortion under any, or almost any, circumstance. If it was, I agree with it. That should be between the woman and her god, if she believes in one. Someone else’s god should have no say.

7. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I have no idea. I have a few of the worst offenders blocked. But GOP politicians have defended it.

8. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Dictating and oppressing is stripping away people's right to control their own bodies. Can't get much more oppressive than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There will be situations like this with some regularity in a nation with states with millions in population that outlaw all abortion. One can claim they are statistically rare, which may be true, but rare is not never. These are the scenarios you have to accept morally and politically when you pursue that policy. This is what the policy produces, even if it causes Kristi Noem some sort of concern

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If you believe all life to be precious, than isn't the baby growing in the 10-year old just as precious as any other? Certainly, the baby is innocent. Why should it be a victim and allowed to die because its mother was a 10-year old rape victim?

And if you make exceptions for rape, what's to stop women from claiming rape just to get an abortion. Certainly, a pregnant pre-teen should not have to face rape questions. But what about a 15-year old? Do they need more proof? Or what about a married adult in an abusive relationship? What level of proof would be needed to qualify for a rape exception?

Or maybe it's just best to leave the decision up to the woman, her doctor, and anyone else she wants to include. Leave the state out of it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    You're an OB/Gyn in Ohio, right? Do you know anything about whether the story is even true? Other than the original article and multiple reprintings of it, I can't find anything that might confirm it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Have you found anything to contradict the verity of the story?

13. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    There's only an absence of information from any other media source about the story itself or that a rape occured at all, and the BusinessInsider statement that the reporting OB/Gyn didn't return their call.

Do you have anything to confirm the verity of the story?

I would think this would be a huge story with lots of followup coverage. But there's not, and I wonder why.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    So a 10 year old got pregnant via a miraculous conception?

15. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    First, I'd like to know if there actually is (was) a pregnant 10-yr old.

Again - and this is a friendly question - have you heard anything about this other than the original story?

• Like Like x 2
  16. back2back2006

back2back2006 GC Legend

Mar 1, 2017
    Shallotte, NC
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  17. LTG61

LTG61 GC Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh, just stop it. How am I supposed to get all triggered if you come around here posting facts?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  18. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Again, that link states there is funding available for victims of rape ... where does it say the 6 week rule doesn't apply? Nowhere ... swing and a miss.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    From your link:
    • Abortion is banned at six weeks of pregnancy, except in cases of life endangerment or severely compromised physical health.
    No rape exception after 6 weeks, and if you read the OP link, it was determined the girl was past 6 weeks. In Indiana, current law is 21 weeks.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

So you are ok with forced births after viability with exceptions noted. My point is we agree. Our timing is just different. Everyone believes in "forced" births if by forced we mean ot is illegal to terminate a pregnancy. We just differ on the timetable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.