Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

10 year old rape victim can't get abortion in Ohio

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by channingcrowderhungry, Jul 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Who knew the "lol you should take your L" guy would not be able to take an L? (Spoiler: Everyone)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, i chose to believe someone who should know if there was a rape of a 10 year old. I got fooled by the AG of Ohio. My bad for believing someone who should know if this happened.

3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's an L. Good job. Broken clock is right twice a day. Enjoy it. I chose to believe the AG of Ohio. Bad move.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

5. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    You know people are giving you crap 100% because of your posting style and constant score keeping, not because you were wrong or believed something that wasnt true.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You don’t know that. Reporters will generally seek evidence or corroboration before running a story. It’s possible the Dr showed the reporters the complaint she was going to file or evidence of the investigation, under an agreement not to publish it. Anyway, you got played by the right wingers who didn’t want this story to be true for political reasons and fell into their BS vortex.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gator515151

Gator515151 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 4, 2007
    I suggest moving this thread to one about illegal aliens committing crimes in the US since the rapist was an illegal. No wonder there was so much silence when the story came out.

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    And this is why I don't wonder about Noem. She doesn't need to apologize for defaming that doctor and the media sources because the people who would spread that message don't care about the fact that she did it. They just move on to some other way to use the story.

9. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Well we do know now why the story was so vague and difficult to track. Somebody was obviously covering for this guy.[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Of course we know why it was difficult to track. It is a rape case (rape shield laws) involving a child (most states have laws that prevent the disclosure of all sorts of information about children, especially as it relates to abuse) that was reported by a medical professional (who is subject to a variety of laws not allowing her to disclose information about her patients) to the media.

It was an unverified story based on a single source. I stated so a while back. It wasn't false as many on here and in Republican politics and in Murdoch media claimed. Anybody who knows anything about the law could tell you why nobody in law enforcement was giving daily updates with tons of information about the child or crime.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gator515151

Apr 4, 2007
    Cool so it was OK for somebody to release a story about a victim but not about the wrong doer? I think I understand. I guarantee if the rapist was Billy Bob wearing a MAGA hat the information would be right out front.

12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Most reporters have integrity, and hate being proven wrong. It's one thing if one, fringe site is reporting something. It's another if all, major media sources are all reporting something. Have to believe there is more than just word-of-mouth as proof that the story is true. And eventually, the proof will come out. That's exactly what happened here.

And no, the girl could not get an abortion in Ohio. The law is six weeks unless the mother's health is in imminent danger. The girl was past 6 weeks and her life was not in imminent danger, as proof by the fact that she waited a week before she got her abortion in Indiana.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Why would the doctor in Indiana know anything about the accused rapist? She isn't law enforcement. And no, law enforcement isn't going to announce the person's name to the public before they are ready to arrest him. They will not announce anything about the crime due to a variety of shielding laws (including the identity of the victim or details of the case that could be identifying).

14. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I watched that interview and it wasn’t a trap. It was actually a well done interview and the CNN interviewer repeatedly gave her “outs” by pointing out that the laws predate her term as Governor and agreeing with her on many of her points…. But she was asked if she’d change the law in her state to allow for a rape victim to get an abortion and she danced around it… “all life is precious” and “one tragedy shouldn’t lead to another” type cliches… anyway, that tweet is not good look, trying to deny the rape even happened….

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. tampagtr

tampagtr VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Lindsay Beyerstein is typically wise with another angle to this (thread)

16. ATLGATORFAN

ATLGATORFAN Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Question. Can a legal expect comment on if the child was denied care in Ohio ? I have read both that she was denied and had to travel to Indiana and also that she could have been treated in Ohio and didn’t need to go to Indiana. Either way pedo rapist don’t do well in prison so I’m sure he will get his

17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Right. So the girl was raped and could've gotten an abortion in Ohio but chose to go to Indiana. I forgot reporters never make up stuff...

Congrats on the clock being right twice a day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The child was apparently denied care in Ohio. The issue comes down to the law. The law only provides an exception for life of the mother. The state Republicans are trying to claim that this would have counted, but the laws are asking the lawyers for the health care providers to interpret the law the exact same way that they would and determine what risk probability is acceptable and which one isn't (in a case like this, likely with limited data) under the law. Lawyers for health care providers aren't going to expose their clients to the legal liability of guessing when the state thinks the law applies and when it doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes. Wish they would admit when they get it wrong. People like...you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

With six-week abortion ban in place, new bill would confer ‘personhood’ from conception

6 week abortion law is in Ohio currently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.