Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Big Man Reuben Chinyelu Commits

Discussion in 'Nuttin but Net' started by ThePlayer, Apr 18, 2024.

1. bullish

bullish GC Hall of Fame

Nov 14, 2010
    Only repeating what Handy said. They will probably ease him into the lineup as backup to RC.
    A few minutes at a time. Unless he has physical set backs. I am old enough to remember Kentucky’s center Sam Bowie who had a broken lower leg in the end of his last collegiate season. He became a lottery pick and had a very short career due to physical leg problems. I believe he will be back as limited at first and continue under educated medical supervision. All we can do is hope his rehab and conditioning goes well and they ease him in. Having him able to provide limited minutes will help this team and hope he gets stronger and carries a little more weight. With what he himself said, CTG will weigh-in as the season gets here and those who see him practice, will know what type of minutes will be forth coming. I feel good with him playing early.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. grant1

grant1 GC Hall of Fame

Nov 10, 2009
    that was 1984, I imagine that medicine has advaced just a tad since then

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    I recently watched the full game of his team vs Arizona.

My thoughts:
    • He doesn’t look 6’11”… more like 6’9” to 6’10”
    • Has a crazy motor and cardio
    • Aggressively boxes out
    • Goes after every rebound
    • Pretty good rim protection
    • Built like a tank
    • Raw offensively but nice little hook shots and floaters
    • Can hit a midrange shot
    • Not surprised his scoring avg was 5 points… his teammates did not pass him the ball very frequently
    Great addition overall. He’s a physical player who will do the dirty work. He’s not going to be making step back threes or finesse plays, but he should be great at rebounding and putbacks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1