Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

2025 Class

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jan 17, 2024.

1. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    Was watching Ali Peek a couple days ago and CBN & crew are in it for a LOT of high profile kids, especially in state. There's also a bunch we're H/H against Miami for so we know they'll do EVERYTHING they can to out spend UF. I seriously hope we come out and smoke Miami, don't play around with them & be cute. Just come out on fire & crush everything about that team.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    A chance to make a statement for sure.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. pd_gator

pd_gator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 6, 2013
    Florida
    I'm honestly in disbelief Ward chose to bypass the draft to play for a team with literally 1 serviceable WR, 0 TEs, and meh RBs. Especially when the rumor is their OC is going to put him under center, when he's NEVER taken a snap under center. The new D coaches should make a name for themselves this game.

As for their defense if the OL improves pass protection by 1sec I honestly believe Mertz will put up monster #'s. And the RBs should have a field day as well. Especially if they keep Bain in check.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    $$$$$

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Here's Will Griffin and D.J. Lagway

upload_2024-2-3_1-16-0.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Agree with pd_, frankly, coach better be treating the Myama game as the damn superbowl, because, ........ it is!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    Ok so you wanna fire him and just grab who ???? I’ll be waiting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    The #FIRECBN crowd invariably say Sanders, Kiffin, Freeze, Mullen, Meyer or Saban.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    He was given was it six flips that he got to commit. I believe without any proof of course that was to do with money.. upper classmen win football games and his first small thrown together class will be in year three next year. It would be much different if Mullen had left him a talented core of players that was built around for next year but he didn’t. 7-5 isn’t unreasonable but also not a lock with our schedule even if we are an improved team. I trust my eyes more than numbers on a page. I may be more confident at 6-6 moving forward than 8-4. Depends what got us there, solid play or dumb luck. We don’t really know how good tge teams on our schedule are going to be either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Kiffen and Freeze are the only two realistic that I think may win big and they are both low character guys that Florida prob wouldn’t touch.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. wingtee

wingtee GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Daytona Beach
    lol, well played. Well maybe Sark , Kirby or Belichik

12. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Belichik (sp?) does need a job. lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Ali is really good!!
    Love her podcast because she tells it like it is, is very knowledgeable, and is pretty connected. She was pretty surprised that she and Sub were others may have been told to be unfollowed by staff on social media. Ben Troupe, flat out went off about it

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    I wonder if they were told to un-follow Buddy Martin. That guy is a Gator media legend, not some youtube internet sensation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Gatorhead

Gatorhead GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    yep, saw that. I really like Ali too, however she has not been exactly "flattering" to CBN, and justifiably so.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    She’s actually given Billy lots of latitude. For awhile there, even her YouTubes with dark titles were clickbait as she would usually circle back to “I believe in Billy” or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    I seen a young team mixed with new comers from the portal in a new system for a 1st time that contributes to many of the mistakes this season.

The mere fact that a hot seat was being talked about prior to the start of season 2 is crazy imo. And to see some try to strengthen their narrative by saying Billy let the '24 recruiting class "fall apart" is just ridiculous. The '23 class has the highest blue chip ratio we've had since Meyers epic 2010 class, and the '24 class yielded not one but two 5 star players both rated in the top 6 overall players nationally and #1 at their positions. When was the last time we've landed 2 elite 5 star players in the same class? It's been a long time.
    let's not forget he also reeled in the Highest rated QB recruit we've EVER signed, surpassing Brock Berlin. That move alone could be the catalyst to bringing us back.

And for him to do that while pulling the class back into the top 10 before NSD on the heels of 3 straight losing seasons is nothing short of impressive and quite frankly has been overlooked by many of his critics.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Agree x 4
    • Best Post Ever x 2
    • Wish I would have said that x 1
  18. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    The class was amazing considering the on-field results of the past 3 years. The general discontent with it is due from build up of expectations by holding a top-5 recruiting ranking going into the final week of recruiting and finishing just out of the money on that basis.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    But the guys we lost we arguably replaced them with transfers as good or better, more experienced, and mature. Johnson, Hayes, filsaime and Williams were not that big of a loss in the end. Most, if not all 4 dropped in the final rankings, so even if we had held on to them we may have still fell out of the top 5.

Slackman, is a grown ass man, who was rated the #2 DT in the portal more than replaces Johnson/Williams. At LB , Pup Howard is imo better than and more than makes up for the loss of Hayes. Filsaime would have been nice to hold onto but he won't be starting year #1 , but Asa Turner will and we know he can play at this level as he was just starting in the national championship. Throw in bridges and Gregory Smith and we got both experience and depth to replace Filsaime. Those losses were not irreplaceable like a Dj Lagway would be, and imo CBN did well to replace them.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Haters gonna hate, and they won’t shut the f up either. They’ll just keep yapping until they’re happy. We’ll beat Miami and they’ll act like they supported this program all along. Then when we drop a game they’ll be all over Billy’s back again talking about how hot his seat is. They’re a freaking nuisance

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    • Winner x 7
    • Agree x 6
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Wish I would have said that x 1